Is this the Classic experience?

I was motivated to play Classic given that I read all these stories of community building and Epicness’.

I got some of that, but mainly I’m seeing this trend of people motivated by ‘loot’ and ‘rewards’, rushing through dungeons and running with ‘randoms’ only to reach 60 and quit the game. Not caring about anything else the game offers, I’ve seen people who played back on the day complain about this.

For my final levels (50-60) I’m looking for people who want to build a group of like-minded warriors who would rather do the quest to get the mallet and schedule a dungeon rather than farm gold, buy on AH and ‘run with randoms’ on LFG.

Future plans would include Pre-BiS dungeon/quest lore running/discussion, small WPvP light Rp ‘evangelization’ in the name of the light (as a meme) to Horde settlements etc.

If any of this sounds like you add me Battle Tag: CallmeMarco#1884

2 Likes

I’d suggest checking this guild out, sounds like y’all could be a good match. I personally recommend them, they’re all good people and a lot of fun.

1 Like

We were doing that on our mains, but most of us are already 60 and now is just powerleveling alts because it is too much hassle to do it all over again.

I agree with you, Umgi. The state of the gaming community in general have twisted itself into this constant meta-seeking, tryharding and sweaty generic trash to the point where folks are applying it to a game from 2004.

Nobody is reading quests, nobody is staying immersed, nobody is playing in character, it is very discouraging. I had to learn to not expect other players to add to my experience, as the stories always told. Try to make the best out of Classic for yourself and cherish it with those around you who share the same way of thinking.

I wonder if the RPPVP realm from US East is the same way…

3 Likes

patiently holding out for Pantheon

1 Like

Like I said before you guys are too late for this party. I mean it’s been like 4 months and you are still on your 30s… where the hell were you when we all living the classic experience?

The blame is on you who takes forever to level. Not on us who play classic every day as the true vanilla experience.

Like seriously how often do you play? Every Saturday for 5 hours when your wife takes kids to the mall? If you are too busy with the real life don’t come the forums expecting people to care for low levels like you

Yikes. Nice guy here

Warbringer poster child here.

1 Like