Is there anyway to turn off that awful noise?

Just whatever toy is making everyone do the train emote… gawddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Yes there is a toy you can buy in Dalaran that will smash the train set.

1 Like

The Toy in question is Wind-Up Train Wrecker…

There is a train emote that does not involve train set. Nothing you can do about it.

Yeah /train but OP is specifying about a toy making everyone do /train which the Train Wrecker will stop from happening.

The addon Leatrix Plus allows you to mute specific game sounds like certain emotes, certain mounts, etc.

2 Likes

True. The action of this toy was modified so that it only affected people in your party. Pity they couldn’t implement that here.

2 Likes

Oh really? I wonder if that extended to the Piccolo too.

I don’t know if it works, but worth a try? Weakauro from wago 32EdEIPPq “Mute Trains”

I’ve used a weak aura for most of wrath that mutes the obnoxious train. I also have some for the guy shouting in dalaran chat, and lady deathwhisper. Sadly there’s nothing we can do about the deathbringer sob story RP event. I never bothered to see if there’s one for the flute as I rarely ever see it used.

Get the addon Leatrix Plus. Open it with /ltp and pick the System menu. Enable “Mute Game Sounds” then click the Gear button and it will let you mute specific sounds in a checklist, among them is “Trains”, and a bunch of other annoying sounds. You can also custom mute any sound ID in the game

Just wanted to say “Thank you!” for this information! I have a couple of sounds I wanted to remove from the game, but as I understood it, it required messing around with actual game files and I was reluctant to chance borking the game. You have saved me countless hours of irritation and having to constantly mess with my sound volume.
May all of your skies be blue, your traffic lights green, and all of your floors be forever Lego-free.