Is there any way to selectively disable music by zone?

Is there any way to selectively disable music by zone (e.g. by deleting or renaming individual sound files somewhere in the game folder structure)?

I get so tired of the capital city music. The Stormwind music is especially obnoxious, and I never ever ever want to hear it again in my life. So I always end up disabling music. Then when a new raid or a new zone is released, I forget to turn music back on and never get to hear the new music. Even when I remember, it’s tedious to keep going in to the menus to enable or disable the music.

Is there a way to just delete the Stormwind and Oribos etc. music files while still keeping music enabled so I can hear the Korthia and SoD music? Or maybe an addon could enable or disable music every time you enter a zone based on a list you’ve created?

I don’t remember ever seeing an addon that does this, but it should be possible. There are other addons that alter the sound settings automatically. For example, Fishing Buddy can be set to automatically kill the music (along with many other sounds) when you’re fishing. Doing it based on location isn’t much different.

As for deleting/altering sound files, that’s not something I’ve ever done. From various other forum comments I’ve read, it’s my impression that is harder to do now than it used to be.