Is there a way to macro Heart Essences?

As the topic says, with new abilities we can use in our Major slot, I was wondering if there’s a way to add them to macros.

I tried using the name of the Essence (i.e. The Crucible of Flame), but that didn’t work.

/use Heart of Azeroth didn’t work either (unsurprisingly).

Any ideas what, if anything, might work?

Cheers,

D.

1 Like

You need to use the name that shows up in the spell book. This isn’t always the same as the one in the Heart of Azeroth screen where you choose your essences.

For The Crucible of Flame the actual spell is called Concentrated Flame.

If you want your macro to use whichever major essence you have equipped you can

/use Heart Essence
45 Likes

Thank you, that’s exactly what I was hoping for :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, wrong character, but still appreciate the reply :smiley:

Pins are your friends :slight_smile:

17 Likes

My Macro goes something like this and works as expected.
#showtooltip
/cast Blade Rush
/cast Lustrous Golden Plumage

If I add /cast Concentrated Flame after /cast Blade Rush then Concentrated Flame will not work, but /cast Blade Rush and /cast Lustrous Golden Plumage will work.
#showtooltip
/cast Blade Rush
/cast Concentrated Flame
on my spell bar it shows Blade rush CD from 45 seconds.

If I add /cast Concentrated Flame first before /cast Blade Rush then Concentrated Flame and /cast Lustrous Golden Plumage will work, but /cast Blade Rush will not work.
#showtooltip
/cast Concentrated Flame
/cast Blade Rush
On my spell bar it shows both Concentrated Flame and Blade Rush CD from 30 seconds.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong.

1 Like

Concentrated Flame is on the GCD. You cannot cast multiple GCD bound abilities at the same time.

2 Likes

Yep, it won’t work. Thanks

Is there anyone here trying to use Healbot with the Essence? I’ve tried all kinds of macros and they don’t work and furthermore they don’t show up as castable spells.
I’ve been at it for an hour and have tried all the macros listed here.
PLEASE help !!!

1 Like

@hbtarget

https://healbot.dpm15.net/wiki/doku.php?id=using:macros

1 Like

Thanks😀 that will help!

This should work for basically any essence:

#showtooltip heart essence
/use [@mouseover,exists,nodead]heart essence;[@cursor]heart essence;heart essence

3 Likes

you can use it with the castsequence command:

#showtooltip
/castsequence Reset=90, Recklesness, Heart Essence
/use [insert your trincket]

This way each prees of the macro will cast the next spell in line.
Hope this helps.

2 Likes

How do I use Arcane Power (1.5 min CD) with the heart essence Concentrated Flame (30 sec CD) ? I can’t seem to get the heart essence to cast while Arcane Power is on CD. Any ideas?

EDIT: Ignore the DK, I’m playing a mage.

This is not recommended, as you will frequently run into issues where the sequence fails to reset and you are stuck on Heart Essence even after Recklessness has come off CD. reset=90 implies 90 seconds from last press, not 90 seconds from first press.

It would help if you posted the macro that isn’t currently working.

That said, both Arcane Power and Concentrated Flame are on the GCD, so it probably won’t work the way you want.

Read the pins.

So I want to point something out that I personally never realized, and this may make me look like a noob, but that’s okay.

So I main a Balance Druid, and I have several spells and potions macro’ed into one big “Burst” for all my cd’s. I have Celestial Alignment, Beserking, and my weapon and trinket all in one macro. My major essence is Condensed Life-Force rank 3, granting me Guardian of Azeroth, and I couldn’t figure out how to make the macro work. It should just be /cast Guardian of Azeroth, but it wouldn’t work.

The order in which you write your actions matters. If you have multiple /use items and /cast spells, do ALL OF THE CASTS first, and then all of your /use. So my macro only started working after I put the /cast Guardian of Azeroth above all of my use items. /use Heart Essence would not work for me, but I don’t plan on changing my macro any time soon. Good luck, hope this helps someone!

Wow has a Global Cooldown (GCD) which prevents most abilities from being executed at the same time. Not everything is on the GCD (trinkets usually aren’t) but in general everything with a cast time is on the gcd and most instants are as well. You can usually tell if an instant is on the gcd if there is still a second or so pause after a cast that prevents you from casting another spell. You can also look up the spell on wowhead.
For example,
https://www.wowhead.com/spell=194223/celestial-alignment
is listed with a gcd of 1.5 seconds
The beserking troll racial has a gcd of 0 seconds (it’s off the gcd)
https://www.wowhead.com/spell=26297/berserking

In macros wow will only execute the first GCD-triggering ability and ignore all others. Guardian of Azeroth and Celestial Alignment are both on the gcd. Whatever one wow encounters first in the macro will be cast and the other one will be ignored.

There is a special case for some off gcd items (like trinkets), where they will be off the main gcd but still share a gcd with other similar items and for this reason you can only have 1 on use trinket in a macro. If you have 2, the second one is ignored.

Haste reduces the gcd length which is why if someone uses drums/time warp/bloodlust you can instantly spell after spell with “no delay”, still macros will only execute 1 gcd-triggering ability.

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

Excellent info!
I made a macro for my Purification Protocol be on mouse over… but I didn’t want to be putting the other essences in the bar every time I change to them!