Is there a way to "ignore" certain posters on the forums?

On the old forums we could “ignore” a poster via little drop-down. Is that gone now? I cannot find it. There are many people who I would rather not see in any feeds.

12 Likes

My posts aren’t that bad.

9 Likes

It’s gone. They were talking about it in the FAQ post about the new forum. No way to block and/or ignore. At least not yet.

1 Like

That’s a good question actually. I don’t have the desire to ignore anybody, but it’s not a feature that should be taken away. Anyone know?

Edit: Mantlers says it’s gone. Is it a WIP that will return once it’s ready, or is it just not a possibility with Discourse?

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, no way to ignore a poster is a deal breaker for me :frowning:

9 Likes

Seems to be bugging a few people. Below is the post I was referencing if you want to go read more info

Oh cool no way to block users that’s hilariously bad

6 Likes

That is a good question. I loved the old ignore for the white knights and ultra trolls. You know the ones I mean.

8 Likes

click top character portrait in the top right hand corner
click preferences
go to notifications
put in a person to mute

Doesn’t fully solve your problem, but at least if they ever try to talk to you, you won’t be notified.

1 Like

It’s being worked on, if I understand this right.

5 Likes

That is good at least.

Definitely needs to be an option.
Not having to see infantile crap like “troll thread” just because someone isnt intelligent to come up with a relevant response gets kinda old.
Yes, I can ignore it, but Id prefer being able to ignore the PERSON entirely, problem solved.

3 Likes

Please don’t ignore my posts :frowning:

It brightens my day when you read them.

2 Likes

Excellent news, hadn’t seen that yet.

At least it’s in the works. Not being able to ignore users is a terrible fate.

2 Likes

Tried it, not seeing anywhere to ‘put in a person’ at all.

Awww. You secretly love this white knight I’m certain!

1 Like

As you brighten all of our days with your snuggles and happies!

1 Like

Yes, I believe you were one of the many that form the white knight unpaid squad. There were a lot of “female” blood elf pallys on that ignore list.

1 Like

Well, I hope you don’t hate me too much. I am actually quite sweet.

1 Like

Sweet like what they try to do to bad tasting medicine I’m sure.

1 Like