Is there a way to deal with idiot DPS without getting blacklisted?

Title of your post dosent exactly scream team player.

16 Likes

lol, nor does his name speak of a great tank…

I get the sense he fits the name however.

8 Likes

I’m frustrated with DPS who don’t understand or care about aggro mechanics which in turn makes tanking far more difficult and frustrating than it needs to be.

“Good” runs are few and far between, most of the time the DPS splits their damage(ie: everybody is attacking a different thing) while completely ignoring marks.

If the DPS isn’t mindlessly unloading their max DPS at the start of the pull I can chain pull and make the runs super quick, if they do max their DPS immediately the runs slow to a crawl because everybody has to drink after every pull.

Yeah, it’s the tank’s fault that Hunters don’t put their pets on passive or use volley as soon as you pull before you’ve had a chance to establish aggro.

6 Likes

if the DPS is bad why should you care if they blacklist you?

3 Likes

It’s more their guild as a whole, rather than specific DPS in general.
Granted it’s not really a super huge issue being that tanks are in high demand, but at the same time I don’t need to get a reputation as a tank who leaves.

I’ve already left a couple runs already.
Pre-plate I gave groups 2-3 wipes, post plate the group gets 1-2 wipes unless it was a total fluke. Every wipe costs me 25s.

Funny thing is, I haven’t really wiped since SFK because Arugal kept MCing me and then nuking the 3 mages I was running with.
I have wiped in ZF a couple times, once on the Cave/Basilisk boss because the DPS pulled ads that they didn’t want to clear because one of them said “I don’t have time to kill everything” so I left, and the other we wiped on ads just after we killed Gaz’Rilla because of the same reason(They didn’t wanna clear out the ads).
Luckily I was on the ball enough to loot the electrified scale before the ads got me too. Tanks are supposed to be the de facto leaders, but you can’t force people to do things they don’t want to do.

I suppose it really comes down to just how much it matters whether they listen or not.

Sometimes, I can understand that there may be people who are so disruptive to a group that it isn’t worth continuing with them. However, if the numbers are the vast majority of the players one is coming across (such as 2 our of 3 suggests), then it’s questionable where the problem lies.

I put together a Classic warrior tanking guide a while back, that explicitly addresses dealing with this issue, and it may be of some use for your consideration:

Can’t really help it I suppose.

Most DPS do not listen because “Classic is easy, just pull”, which is half true.
Classic is easy, but they make it harder by refusing to follow mark orders which allows me as the tank to control the fight and hold a larger number of mobs which in turn makes the runs faster.

When I was doing RFD, the DPS were so on the ball that the healer actually got bored and started MCing things because I wasn’t taking enough damage to keep them occupied. That run was an anomaly though.

Seen these groups before. They want you to do what they want but they won’t do anything you want. Really selfish. And then when there’s a big hard pull they can’t solo suddenly you’re the tank and they tell you to tank.

5 Likes

My favourite are the ones that join the group, come all the way to the instance and then say “Sorry, I don’t have time for this” before leaving.

The ones that leave as soon as you kill the boss they need/the item they want drops are great too.

1 Like

I have some cold hard logic that you can carry with you for the rest of your life:

If everyone is wrong and crazy every time you run something then you are actually the problem.

Sorry I had to break it to you but you will be better off when you can figure out what you are doing that is causing this. Good luck.

7 Likes

Lol classic horde noob

Yeah when you see this happening you just pull out the dual swords or two-hander and just do whatever you want because god forbid anyone does anything you want.

I feel like I’m going to get a ton of butthurt DPS coming in here to insult me. lol

3 Likes

Bro this is way too much I was farming black rock last night and must’ve wiped close to 8 times and still kept going and it was no ones fault in particular. You sound like someone just waiting to get mad about something and this is going to come back to bite you my friend nobody likes a whiner tank

5 Likes

I always thought “:skull:” meant kill first. But lately I’ve been starting to think it means kill last.

7 Likes

the idiot is think they can handle everything while in enounter that the point i guess

Let them tank if they ever take the agro. After 2-3 death, they should learn.

4 Likes

This. If they refuse to dial it back to reasonable levels, tell the healer to let them die.

Oh and make sure to grab popcorn for the incoming drama, it’s delicious. xD

1 Like