Is there a way of knowing when the Battle of Naz starts?

So, previously, if I was online, knowing the set interval for the start of Battle of Nazjatar, I was able to participate pretty regularly.

Now with the start time of the battle being slightly randomized I expect I will rarely know when this event happens. Am I missing something? Is there a mechanism, other than being in Nazjatar, that can alert me when the event starts?

2 Likes

The battle still take place every 3 hours or so, but instead of 12:00pm it will start like 12:13pm, my guess: the battle takes place in a 30 minutes period (max) after the 3 hour mark, but i could be wrong, it could be 1 hour of randomness.
About knowing about the battle you are not missing anything, you have to be at Naz, been told about or look at lfg, theres no other mechanism. Yes, its bad and the reason of nerfing bfn is also bad, they didnt nerfed because farming spots, this is a lie, if you farm flags before battles the commanders will kick in, they nerfed because the servers cant handle wpvp communities like RUIN “ruinning” shards, winning bfn within 8 minutes and making New Home not playable because the servers cant hold too many players. Dont get me wrong, the ruin guys gave me so much gold and honor (btw ty guys), my point is the lie and such a dumb lie
 we nerfed because pre-flag farming loool

I was wrong.
I saw a battle starts 45 minutes after the 3 hour mark. My sugestion is quite simple: keep the 3 hour mark plus 15 minutes of randomness.

blizzard is TRYING SO HARD to kill THEIR OWN GAME.

This is very likely them being cheap and not wanting to upgrade servers to deal with the lag. It’s much harder to assemble gigantic groups that lag the servers to death now.

Simple fix. Make it so no rewards will be given if you’re in a group setting :slight_smile:

Problem solved. Thought it was supposed to promote wPvp. Not 174 in a raid vs 17 solo players.

I worry a bit about creating an event that is so “sterile” to the point where you limit player choices in the outside world like forming a raid to do an event with ur friends or thru lfg to counter the other raid or to win an event. Its ok to lose in a wpvp event even if its 170 to 1. Part of wpvp/wm is losing sometimes. We ve all been there. Ive been in some onesided bfn from the get go but ive also been in some where there was some back and forth. At some point 1 side loses. Its usually by the time 1 side gets a 400-500 point lead.
I dont think there is anything to “fix” so to speak. And i think that because for example u have the TM vs SS pvp brawl and those get one sided sometimes real quick even tho u get a 40 v40 setup guaranteed. Same is for other examples of instanced pvp where numbers are balanced.
The thibg blizz needs to fix is lag and theyve acknowledged that multiple times but its not a straightfwd fix and pbbly not up to them entirely (network probs related to ISPs).

2 Likes

Unrelated but your transmog is hilarious, in a good way :grinning:

That is very imprecise.

The BfN starts at the same time as before + random delay of 0 - 60 min.

The earliest I got it was ‘old time’ + 3 min and the latest ‘old time’ + 51 min.

They either wanted us PvPing between Mezz and New Home waiting for it (it did work on more populated servers during pick times) or they tried to curb RUIN (if anything it had opposite effect - before RUIN was doing 2 - 3 battles in the same time slot (on different shards) during BfN; now they do 5 - 6 as there are more battles taking longer due to not too many participants and also it is easier to get ppl to join later as not everyone that wants to do it has joined the same second that battle pops).