Is there a reason to stay in a losing BG?

Im responding in the off chance that you truly are not aware.
If you leave a crap BG some other player who has been waiting in cue gets screwed over instead of getting a fresh BG.
So because you drew the short straw (or were the problem) you are screwing another player by leaving.
Side note i just looked over your profile and im pretty sure i know where the problem is.

1 Like

This Hotomongo brawl seems like the fastest way to get honor. Games last <10 mins and 200-600 something honor depending on if you win or lose.

Yes I forgot about the brawl, but that’s only a temporary thing anyways. During non-brawl weeks the fastest way to farm honor is still little bgs (on an Alliance character, of course).

No, I’ll usually stick around to see how the opener goes. If Alliance gets wiped or somehow screws up in the first 3-4 minutes, then I’ll take my leave.

The good thing about Wintergrasp is you find out whether or not it’s a loss in the first 2 minutes or so (SR teamfight), so if Alliance gets wiped there is no point in staying for the next 40 minutes.

Miracles do happen, but ~90% of the time Alliance loses that first teamfight. I only stay for the tiny (5-10%) off-chance that Alliance might win that SR fight.

That person can either turn the tide and win the game or /afk out.

Only people who take this game way too seriously care about getting deserter for 15mins on one character.

Idc about the deserter aspect but I do care that someone is taking my spot. It’s not like Bgs last that long these days (not talking about epic Bgs either)

1 Like

If BG’s don’t last long why does it matter if you join a losing one then?

1 Like

It doesn’t matter if I do but to some people it does. So I don’t leave Bgs because I’d rather someone not take my place.

1 Like

Ralph has a knack for thread making.

Also, I don’t leave because it’s just not that big a deal. My team getting beat up? Oh well may as well prowl around and work on 1v1s or something.

May be unpopular but I’ll say it again; I think there needs to be a matchmaking rating for players in random BGs too. Doesn’t have to be visible, doesn’t have to be a number (could be buckets), but I think that’s the best pathway to make random BG rewards better (it can thus be performance-based, and not just participation-based). Make leaving count as a loss (resulting in a loss of matchmaking rating).

Rated BGs just need to be brought into the modern era with a solo queue option.

The only people who oppose solo queue rated are the exploiters, win traders and jaded gatekeeping elitists.

All the successful competitive games have queued ranked matchmaking.

Until that happens it’s going to stay the least completed form of endgame content.

3 Likes

They are all FPS/Mobas…

If FFXIV and GW2 are FPS/Mobas, then I guess WOW is too?

1 Like

Do they have factions like wow?

Who’s talking about factions? He/we were talking about solo-queue option for rated BGs.

WoW PVP is less complex and competitive than LoL or CS:GO so I’m not sure why you’d use that as an argument.

Yea, and they have to worry about both factions and rating. It’s not just everyone thrown into the queue…

Sounds like you have a good argument for getting rid of faction-vs-faction for instanced PVP. I honestly thought they already did this, at least in Arenas. Don’t you fight against both Horde and Alliance teams (if you’re Alliance, for example) in Arenas? They should do the same in RBGs and BGs in general. Yes, that would reduce queue times.

Anyways the point was, this quote:

… is wrong.

Yea, I’m all for putting alliance and horde all in one pool. Only way to make ranked random BGs really work.

1 Like

I’ve never seen it this bad and I’ve been around for like almost 14 years. The amount of people that leave after 2 minutes or as soon as they die once.

They really screwed up with the gearing system and the stupid STUPID marks of honor. Before, you could stick out a loss and get some honor points that would either help you gear or grab something for your alt spec.

To answer your question, if it looks like a loss, there is absolutely no reason to stay.

To highlight how bad it is from my perspective, Alliance ques for either regular or epic bg’s is usually less than 1 minute. Sometimes it feels like a dungeon que time for tanks when leveling. Nearly instant. And it will be a game in progress that may still be salvageable. That is until more and more people just leave and now the team is undermanned and demoralized.

It has never been this bad. I can’t believe this is the same game. This isn’t the experience you expect from a pay to play game.

1 Like

Usually if a person has some common decency you would stay to prevent someone else from waiting in queue to inherit the mess you made. In this case you are punishing your team and the enemy team by being useless in the bg, and you are punishing the pvpers in queue by ensuring they have to pick up the mess that you helped create.

The best option for you, and people like you would be to quit pvp all together.

4 Likes