Is there a list of everything the pre-patch broke?

I’m not talking addons, that happens every patch and the creators will (hopefully) get around to fixing them in time. I’m also not talking default Blizzard customizable UI, as that is its own special can of worms (and generally solvable with addons). Mostly, I’m talking actual gameplay elements. Though, I will say, the option to “use raid style party frames” disappearing boggles my mind [edit: I found the option, just wasn’t where I was expecting it]

Some things I’ve noticed:
Discipline Priest. Bottom of the talent tree is a talent called, “Void Summoner.” It reduces the cooldown of your Shadowfiend by 6 seconds, or Mind Bender by two seconds. Two separate uses, depending on which one you have. Except, Mindbender is a pre-requisite, which replaces Shadowfiend, so you literally cannot have a Shadowfiend. Moreover, Mindbender doesn’t work, so you do actually have Shadowfiend anyway. But the talent doesn’t work, and you don’t get any cooldown reduction no matter which talent you choose.

Prot Paladin: Avenging Wrath does not let me use Hammer of Wrath. Hammer of Wrath still works against low health enemies. Not sure if this is prot specific, level specific (tested at 45), or a combination of talents causing the issue.

Dropdown menus (like mage teleports and portals) only work from the spellbook, not action bars.

4 Likes
  1. My spirit
  2. My will to play
4 Likes

Another poster mentioned that removing the glyph of sha on the shadowfiend ability fixed his mindbender talent tree issues. It worked for me as shadow, so it might be worth trying for disc as well.

be more dramatic. cmon, you can do it.

It hasn’t been updated in a few days but here is the official Blizzard list

For classes that can shapeshift, they can no longer use some abilities or items if they are shapeshifted. Examples:

Shaman cannot attack, use hearthstones or hearthstone toys, or mount from Ghost Wolf form.

Druids cannot change directly to travel form, use hearthstones or hearthstone toys, or cast Dreamwalk from cat form.

I’m reasonably certain these kinds of things worked before the pre-patch.

Edit: Finally figured this issue out. There’s a console command you can use to fix it if the setting somehow got corrupted: /console autounshift 1 will make it so you can use spells directly from shapeshift forms without shifting out of form first. Apparently it was set to 0 somehow for me with the DF pre-patch.

1 Like

Wait, seriously? Druids can’t directly shift into travel form from anything other than umm…body type 1 or 2?

Edit: Well, apparently it does now… I tried it a few days ago, and it didn’t work, but now it does… color me confused…

Edit2: Now I’m even more confused. It sometimes works, and sometimes doesn’t. So, I dunno what to say anymore…

lol, fair enough. I’ll probably try it out later, but the macros I have setup are probably outdated.

Were you near a no mount npc?

Nope, I’ve tried this in multiple places, with and without addons/macros.

Finally figured this issue out. There’s a console command you can use to fix it if the setting somehow got corrupted: /console autounshift 1 will make it so you can use spells directly from shapeshift forms without shifting out of form first. Apparently it was set to 0 somehow for me with the DF pre-patch. Obviously this isn’t happening for everyone, or there would be massive screeching about it in the forums, I’d think, which is why I finally started digging deeper.

Pre-BfA elixirs no longer have duration rollover when you imbibe them again before they’ve timed out.
Like Spectral Power will give you ~2 hours when you pop it twice, but Ten Thousand Scars won’t go beyond its base hour.

Interesting, thanks!

I’ve not yet got around to testing it since I’m leveling a mistweaver.

Certain offhands (most books, some types of lanterns, basically anything that doesnt position itself like a dagger) are like 120% forward on the human female model, just kind of jutting out and floating there. Same for shoulder pieces with bits that hang, like the everbloom cloth set or that green towel thing from MoP.

1 Like

A lot of transmogs are completely broken currently, especially long belts like the model Eyeripper Girdle uses

I was informed this was my graphics card, but I don’t see how. My armor looks bad to other players with systems superior to my own.

Yeah, no, unless it’s a matter of something DF changed requiring a new driver from NVIDIA or whoever that doesn’t exist yet or something (which is really something they should work out before launching anything), it’s not a graphics card issue.