Is there a catchup mechanic for Torghast?

Just got back from a deployment and finally got to play some Shadowlands. Trying to unlock Twisting Corridors so I can work on getting the mount in the Maw.

Is there a catchup mechanic for the “Explore Torghast” questline or do I really have to wait a week…? I’ve looked it up and seen mixed answers. I finished the first quest and don’t see a follow up yet so just want to be 100% sure that I’m being timegated…

Not that I am aware of currently.

Explore Torghast Twisting Chambers comes up in the covenant campaign when you have to look for clues about Anduin’s fate. But the quests aren’t from your inner sanctum but from Bolivar in Oribos so you need to pop in there sometimes to see if he has quests for you.

If you haven’t completed any covenant campaign on any character, you’re going to have to suck it up and just follow the campaign. I’m not sure if you get the benefit of the catch up renown mechanism to unlock parts of the campaign faster.

If you’ve already completed any of the covenant campaign (it doesn’t sound like you have), then proceeding through another campaign for a different covenant (or same but different character) isn’t time-gated but quest and renown-gated. You obviously have to do the quests to get through the campaign and some parts require specific levels of renown, but renown itself does have a catch up mechanism. Wowhead has an article on the renown catch up mechanism and you can quickly go from nothing to max in a few days of heavy playing, which I’ve done.

Off the top of my head the catch up mechanism allows earning renown from these additional sources (not always guaranteed though)

1. beating bosses in LFR
  2. beating final bosses in Mythic dungeons
  3. completing Random Looking for Group dungeons
  4. Doing anything that earns you soul ash (you should have access to regular torghast long before TC).

As a side note: twisting corridors can be really painful for some specs and incredibly easy for others, getting as many offensive along with some defensive and health-boosting anima powers is critical. Many people need to unlock all the torghast upgrades with venari before they can really get enough anima powers to beat the final boss.