Is the gap

Between frost DW and 2h that big to really matter? i know breath is better for aoe but i enjoy playing 2h frost a bit more than DW and i plan on doing mythic+ with the dk at some point

I mean kind of? Since the difference between a 2h and DW Frost is the following:

• DW allows you to get two runeforges: Razorice and Fallen Crusader. Razorice is given for both subspecs. But since 2h can only have one runeforge, DW will always have 15% strength increase proc.
  • 2h Frost has Obliterate Damage increased by 30%… That’s it.
  • Not to mention that both have different KM proc rate as well: 2H has more proc weight than DW does but DW swings faster than 2H. DW KM procs are more consistent than 2H while 2H KM procs are more impactful.

Breath is not really the jam atm. If you’re going to build around that, you might as well be Venthyr. But the metagame for Frost right now for me is Rolling Everfrost.

2H just doesn’t scale well as DW does so the higher content you do (Since 2H strictly scales with Obliterate and only Obliterate), the gap between DW and 2H increasingly matters.

1 Like

Unless you plan on doing higher than +20 keys, I wouldn’t stress. DW BoS is the superior build, but I have been exclusivity playing 2h frost and have had no problems with doing mythic SoD and up to +20keys.

DW obliteration and 2h obliteration are about 1-3% difference, so nothing to worry about there. It’s just AoE that BoS excells at, but obliteration can still pump enough for most content.

2h obliterate is probably viable up until 20s like Rak mentioned. If you prefer that play style and want some moderately improved aoe/cleave, I’d go nightfae; played 2h obliterate most of season 1SL for keys.