Is-the-20-man-hard-limit-for-mythic-raiding-too-restrictive

Bring back 10 man’s and problem solved. None of this flex stuff just straight up 10mans like back in the day

2 Likes

The guild I’m in would love to take potshots at mythic content. However, the fixed raid size is something we don’t like because we neither want to set an attendance policy or bench people if oo many show up.

We want to run with our core, be it 30 people or 10 people who show on any given day. That is not negotiable and the fixed mythic raid size is non-negotiable.

My solution is to make it flex except on a special race for world first server that all the hardest core raiders copy their toons to for free to in order to participate.

The problem with flex is that it changes the difficulty of every encounter. Some fights will be easier or harder depending on the the number of people and what breakpoints the fight mechanics have (how many bombs do you have to deal with on Halondrus for example). High-end Mythic prog guilds would likely strictly stick to whichever size makes it the easiest. The point of a static size is to allow the developers to better tune the fights while also freeing up design space so they can assume things like having every class/spec being available and knowing that half the raid is doing something when setting up DPS checks or whatnot.

Those concerned about things being too hard or easy can choose to run 20 man.

Those of us who don’t care about small changes of difficulty should have the choice to bring however many or few as show up on any given day.

Let players choose.

1 Like

You already have that, it’s called heroic :slight_smile:

Yes, but we’ve fully cleared it now and got anyone in guild who wants KSM that. If only there was a difficulty level above heroic that we could bring our 10-30 man raid team to without having to make attendance rules and bench people.

:thinking:

3 Likes

Hmm.

That would be an interesting concept. A difficulty level… above heroic? Could such a thing be possible?

I doubt it, I mean how would you even do that? Add an extra mechanic to every boss?

1 Like

Make a mythic flex mode then, but it doesn’t give mythic level gear or CE because it’s objectively going to be easier just based off the fact it can flex.

What you are saying is just wrong dude. Ever tried Anduin pre nerf with 10 people? Extremely hard cause you are lacking CCs. It was the same back in MoP. Every encounter was either harder in 10m or 25m changing from boss to boss. Its also not hard to understand that less players means less tools as in brezz, CDs, CC, etc. but at the same time you have less coordination to do. So it already balances itself out in a way.

Of course further balancing always has to be made but its not like balance has gotten better since the strict 20m number. And as many have said the strict 20m doesnt work for a large majority of the playerbase who actually want to pursuit mythic raiding content. But its not possible mostly to logistics or the fact that 20m is just unattractive for playstyle and interaction with others.

10m should be TOP priority to rejuvenate mythic raiding and give content to those who want to get more than the M+ rush stuff.

I think dropping all the way down to 10 is an overly drastic move. If you open up cross server raiding from the start and make mythic lockout work the same as heroic you make it a lot easier for mythic teams to get the people they need. Couple that with a small flex where only the health and maybe damage changes of like 16-20 for mythic and see what happens before taking it all the way to 10 I think.

This is a much better solution. Mythic raiding doesn’t need to be “rejuvenated”, it’s engagement is based off the overall difficulty and totally playerbase numbers. It’s doing fine as it is.

Doesn’t it though? Otherwise why is Blizzard doing all of these whacky experiments and trying to put more and more progressively OP stuff in the raids? Alienating the M+ audience isn’t something they’re doing on a whim - they’re doing it because Mythic Raiding is failing and they’re desperate for a solution.

Problem is Ion is too short-sighted to see that the stick is not enough. They need a carrot that makes Mythic Raiding actually fun again, they need to make it not such a burden to play. Roster boss is infamously the biggest boss in Mythic Raiding… and loot is simply not going to be good enough for a lot of players when people play WoW for fun.

Open mythic raiding to cross realm as soon as it’s available and the problem is solved.

Mythic is only meant for the dedicated 1% anyway. If someone really wanted to mythic raid, they would just go find a guild that is doing it. The roster boss is a cop out excuse. I can assure you any guild blaming the roster boss wouldn’t get very far even if they had the roster for it, as they more than likely have a skill issue as much as a roster issue.

It’'s really, really, really, really, REALLY not.

I mean, I hate to do this, but given you were throwing rocks early in this thread, I guess I’m gonna go ahead and do it.

I am vastly superior to you, and I don’t raid because of roster boss. Lol.

Trust me; if they made Mythic Sepulcher flex tuning the problem would’ve been ten times worse because you’d still need a Death Knight for Anduin and Lords and a Warlock for Rygelon and Jailer.

Problem is, instead you’d have a 10-man boss that would require a DK or Warlock instead of a 20-man boss that would require a DK or Warlock.

2 Likes

there always has been op stuff in raids, the M+ people can’t be pleased unless it gets everything better. Talking about the carrot for mythic raiding when all you want is M+ being that better than raids is just cringe.

Lol. Better?

M+ loot is worse. And I’ve made my peace with that. It is what it is.

What I’m not okay with is Blizzard continuing to push in that direction and make the problem worse because their attempt to coax people into Mythic Raiding failed and that seems to be the only thing they know how to do - they don’t know how to do systemic changes to make Mythic Raiding more fun and think they can lure folks in with candy.

M+ loot has infinite loot of near mythic quality obtainable way faster than raid loot. You don’t need the same quality of loot to make it so people do it.

Mythic has not failed as it’s goal wasn’t to have everyone do it. It was made to be niche and works as a niche.