IS spirit link a troll in dungeons?

Dusted off my shaman for some funsies in dungeons and noticed that every time I drop spirit link, everyone dies in like 2 seconds lol. I’m sure it’s scaling issue with low and high levels but wondering if this is a consistent occurence.

It is a great CD. However it’s best used right before damage or to save a single person from dying. If you drop it when everyone is already almost dead, it’s not going to save the grp on it’s own. You need to follow up with some big heals to stabilize the grp. It’s a damage reduction cool down, not necessarily a healing cool down.

1 Like

Thanks and understood, the situations I’m referring to involve the tank pulling a bunch, and me practicing when to use cd’s, was normal dungeons so no one was below 90%, dropped it then bam, 3 dps dead heh, happened twice now.

Spirit link can be a double edged knife. Make sure you have big heals going out right after to make use of the DR and health redistribution to keep someone from getting sniped. It can be a good tool but it’s better to use up front, not to catch up unless it’s a single player you are trying to save.

The way you’re describing it sounds like a bug. I don’t have a lower level shaman to test.

There’s also a lot of timewalking/scaling issues with Spirit Link totem at low levels. Sharing the health between 5 level 50’s, no problem
Sharing the health between a level 40 and a level 60, problems.

There are several issues with scaling in leveling dungeons.

I leveled a bear and was running the Freehold and had no issues with like 5 runs. Jumped 10 levels then just wiped like 20 times on 2nd boss in a row. Just kept getting one shot. Could not figure it our.

Leveled through WQ for 5 levels then went back and had no issues.

I just think the scaling is buggy at times or that is my interpretation of what is happening.