Mage or Shaman for herbalist?

As the title says, I would like to know if a shaman is viable to farm herbs and at some point lotus …
I’m an elemental shaman with engineering so I get by in pvp

in case shaman is not viable I have a 55 mage that I plan to bring to 60, is this a better herbalist option?

Thanks!

Mage might be a little easier for soloing/Cc’ing mobs that guard or stand over on lotus and other end game herbs.

But honestly your shaman gear looks good enough that you can probably solo elites or just use your rocket helm and pick them, so shaman would be fine IMO

I herb on a priest… a healing priest. I think ANY class and pick flowers, just some can do it better.

6 Likes

Yes.

You can farsight potential lotus spawns.

Thanks for all the replies… also i think im better at shaman pvp than mage pvp so…
I might keep leveling herb on my sham!

Herb goes alright for jump runs with a warrior with mining.

Well yeah…you’re a shaman. You’re better than any other class in PvP.

oh goodie another farsight lotus farmer… diaf!

Isn’t far sight lotus farming not viable anymore becouse of the lotus spam changes?

I like shaman since you can herb in gw form.

1 Like

i can’t tell if this is a serious post or not.

Every class is viable for every profession.

I might change the title, im serious, every class is viable i just want to know is shaman is good for lotus and end game herbs

Yes it is, I win nodes frequently.

Shaman is good for the taunt totem to take mob aggro, also farsight is legit. Are they good at 1 v 1ing idk I dont play shaman I herb with rogue and kill everyone and sap ally to steal their nodes.

I made the switch to Herbalism just a couple days ago.

Being a Tauren seems to make it go by quicker, and I even invested in some herbalists gloves with the herbing enchant so I don’t have to farm green lvl herbs hoping for a skill up.

Hopefully this makes more money than skinning did.

Thanks for the reply druidzilla, but im not leveling a druid just for herbalism, im just between this two mage or sham

Shaman for sure then. The farsight is legit for hunting them down.

100 percent mage, mage has an ez mode brainless DME farm that lets you gather pretty much all the herbs in the dungeon whereas shaman struggle

Forget lotus farming, just go for the dreamfoil, grommsblood and ghost mushrooms in dme

Thanks buddy, is it that profitable? i mean better farm than lotus?