Is shadow priest fun?

Do you think shadow priest is fun? let me know your opinions

Yes.

It would be twice as fun if voidform was removed and damage % increased to compensate

19 Likes

Fun for me. I like the dot playstyle and all the self-healing. The mog is S-tier. Almost all the cast times are instant or short, which gives the spec a bit more mobility than is apparent at first. The theme/lore of the spec is pretty strong. It has utility that, while niche, is powerful where it is useful.

While the covenant abilities and legendaries are “decent” but not great, I think that’s more of an issue with the borrowed power stuff than the spec.

The only thing I would change about the spec is to simplify the burst aoe and make it baseline rather than talented, give the class a battle rez, and replace Mind Bomb with a “black hole” type of ability. This would smooth out the playstyle and give them a bit more utility where it is sometimes lacking (M+) without overpowering them in other areas (pvp/raiding).

In terms of design, I give it an A-. Fun is subjective…for me the fun is A+.

2 Likes

I heard something like this somewhere else, but I don’t remember where. It was that so many classes feel bad outside of their damage window because of the difference between the damage window and normal play.

it’s okay. not my favorite anymore, but better than it was in BfA.

1 Like

its only fun with a fun transmog and appropriate name

Was a lot more fun in legion/BfA that’s for sure

Is fun until you get spell locked and it needs tons of haste and rarely you see a crit, mastery is on this wire spot that only is good if you constantly keep 3 dots, also mind blast in my opinion should hit hard no 3+k. and the procs of MB use to better before SL.

Thematically it is the coolest class, and it’s tool kit is pretty cool, still not the biggest fan of void form, but I’ve always loved the aesthetic of an undead shadow priest.

And I’ve just returned to shadowlands and played a shadow priest, I’ve been having way more fun on it than I have on my lock in the past 2 expansions.

1 Like

What is the lord exactly for shadow priests?

Yes they are very fun. Very interchangeable talents depending on gameplay, cool aesthetics in terms of shadow form and ghosts. In terms of performance they are far from the worst, and in general I would say yes. They are fun and have a high skill cap. So even more fun.

depends on if you like the playstyle. its not for everyone. its challenging but you can be a top tier single target dps class if you are good at it.

To me the spec has always been a lesser warlock without the pet…then they give us the shadow pet. I don’t like warlocks much and I don’t care for shadow much either. I’m more a Mage fan.

Still love my spriest, though I prefer old school, multi-talented spriest. It was more fun being a mana battery with utility than we have turned into.

1 Like

I think its fun in bgs, dungeons and raid but not so much in solo content or arena. For pve content what I enjoy is how you can setup your talents to fit content. In solo content I find it slow, and in arena you’ll get tunneled all day.

I miss the BFA spriest.

1 Like

No. But that’s why I love it. Because not many do.

Eeewww BFA Shadow was the worst iteration. Legion was where it was at. (I didn’t really play shadow pre-legion.)

1 Like

Expand on why it was the worst?

They killed Mass Hysteria for a stacking crit buff with an extreme amount of ramp up time.