Is RP Find Me still a thing?

RPme or whatever it was called. Is it still a thing?

2 Likes

I’m actually curious about this too. I saw everyone advertising it in their profiles a few months back, but now I rarely see it mentioned.

1 Like

There are people who still use it, yes. I use it just as a place to deposit all my character info that’s too long for my TRP. But yeah, there are people still using it.

Now I wanna add my Lunar Festival friends.

Seems like it died down though, didn’t everybody and their mothers had one?

I still have my profiles kicking around on there, but I forget to log in. It didn’t help me too much with making new contacts, sadly.

5 Likes

Messed around with it, but I kind of forgot it was a thing.

Honestly, just idling around in-game in an RP hub and reading people’s RP profiles/letting them browse yours works just as well. Even better, it also lets you know who is active around your general time frame, and you often end up meeting people you otherwise wouldn’t have.

1 Like

I had one too and pretty much dumped it to just do what Tamanii said, the people you want to meet at the times you’re available in game are usually poking around in one of the main rp hubs in game, no need to log into a web site to find them :confused:

I liked the idea of RPfind, and it had some really neat tools. I think what made me lose steam on using it was that it swiftly started feeling too complicated.

It included a lot of features. In a way, that was a good thing, and I had the impression that the site designers were enthusiastic about implementing community suggestions. But it made the interface busy and a little overwhelming.

I think if there were a way to hide features that I don’t intend to use, it would be a lot more user friendly (at least for me). And it’s a good place to collect extended profiles and character art.

1 Like

what he said! I adore the concept of the website and think that this is useful for those of us who do not wish to spend excess time watching for RP in the cities. But I only used like…20% of the website if that.

3 Likes

I wonder if the creators of the site still lurking around to read these thoughts and feedback.
Cause to me it has a good concept if you don’t wanna stand for hours looking for RP or whatever but when I checked it out it had a FB feel to it, and I don’t enjoy fb

Unfortunately, I’m not sure the creators of it even play the game anymore. It’s mostly become an external profile source for myself since I don’t like loading up too much info into TRP. But yeah, maybe things will pick back up for it when the game does.

I think I made one as soon as it became irrelevant

2 Likes

I’ve been using rpfind continuously for a while now, and I still log on every day.
The site isn’t dead, but I will say that it is very much the same as standing around in-game and looking at profiles. You’re only going to get out of it what you put the first foot forward to do.
So far I have made quite a few contacts and had some good and bad rp and interactions starting from the site. If you are interested in broadening the horizons of your rp it’s a good place.
But I will say that I have noticed lately the site’s creators have been quiet and I do not hear much from them trying to promote it.

2 Likes

I have been using the site to pretty much store my character information just in case my TRP crashes and I have to reenter my profile. Other than that, I followed a couple of groups in case I want to dip my toes into Tauren RP, but that’s about it really.

I love the idea of RPFindMe, but ultimately never got much use out of it. Nobody ever read the stories I posted, at most I got 20 looks on my profile(s). And I never got any roleplay offers out of it. All the things it was supposed to do, it just didn’t for me. So I stopped logging in there.

My experience on it was answering classified ads, setting up a date and time to rp, and then never hearing from or seeing those people again.