Is ret good in arena?

Leveled a paladin on bfa the past couple weeks and got him to 433 ilvl. What comps should I look for, should I do 2s or 3s? https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/eitrigg/mordecow is my retail pally.

no

12 Likes

okay how do i put it

imagine a world of chads and brads… that is not you, you are martin from IT
these chads and brads, the rogues, mages and locks of this world, they can hook up with any girl they want
you, the IT guy, will be lucky to connect with a woman for more than 3 seconds, so you better make it count
but your 433 ilvl wont satisfy any lady in this world of chads and brads

14 Likes

Jokes on you the IT guy will just hack her tinder and delete all the chads and brads and add himself

3 Likes

anyone with an actual answer to the question?

2 Likes

I mean Ret isn’t that good. More viable in 2’s than 3’s. In 3’s it’s just a little better than Enhance imo, but some good Rets say it’s just as bad (Vanguards for example says this a lot). If you’re item level 433 it probably doesn’t matter much and you are just playing low cr games to cap. in 2’s play with a Disc. in 3’s try Ret/Arms/Rsham.

1 Like

ret is absolutely awful in 3s, and its “viable” in 2s - take that as you will.

Thank you.

1. Get gear
  2. Ret sucks , prot is unironically better in 3s but prot pallas belong in camps so take it as you will
  3. As exalter said, can also play with rsham in 2s or ret/destro/hpalla or ret/spriest/rsham
5 Likes

What camps we talking here bud… Fat camps for sure right?

4 Likes

Uh oh sounds like someone needs sent back to room 101 for a re-education with Abom.

2 Likes

Yeah bro. Just some healthy tread mill training :slight_smile:

Oh pls no.

No, ret isn’t good. Even in 2s, don’t expect ppl will pick you instead of a warrior, dk, rogue, etc.

1 Like

rets burst is some of the best burst in the game if not the best. the problem is their damage outside of cooldowns is zero. and they get kited endlessly

1 Like

I came here expecting a line 4head quote. Color me disappointed.

2 Likes

I’m just lining the stereotypes 4head :laughing:

3 Likes

yeah ret is decent

play

ret/war
ret/destro
ret/rogue

its very gear reliant like all things and assa/dh/arms/ww/dk are all better but you can get rating as ret for sure

1 Like

Careful, the popular moon guard kids are watching over you :slight_smile:

Ret war is their only good comp I hear. That’s what vanguards plays. I’m sure you could make Cupid work to an extent as well (ret hunter disc) but ret does indeed struggle atm.