Is paralysis bugged? CCed trash is pulling and not in combat

I’m no where near the mobs and they still come so theyre not being facepulled.

I know if you go within aggro range of the cc’d one it’ll pull you into combat, which might chain pull the others. Other then that I dunno.

It may have something to do with a conduit.

Got any examples of what’s happening?

(Unrelated, other day I was doing a run of the mill plaguefall and pulled the 2 mobs on the island before domina that arent supposed to be linked and the entire island pulled. Was very strange)

Paralyze works slightly differently than most of the other CC’s. If you are within a certain range of the mob after it’s paralyzed, it’ll aggro onto you, to me it feels like the range of this is larger if you’re in front of the mob.

Paralyze works more like an extended stun that doesn’t initiate combat on its own. The mob is still fully capable of being aggro’d, it just can’t move.

The conduit I’m thinking of is Lingering Numbness, and seem to remember seeing that it bugs out sometimes and aggros the mobs you’ve paralyzed even if you are not within aggro range.

1 Like

Where is this happening to you? Like in Mists, for example, to do the skip near the beginning you have to RoP the mob away from the wall before you cast paralysis.

2 Likes

It could be some random trinket/ability proc happening as I have seen mobs get randomly pulled with no tell on who did it cc or no cc.

Though with paralysis yeah it doesn’t actually stop them from getting aggro on the mob at all, you do have to use some other form of cc to punt them away if you know/think they will be to close to the party when walking by.

If you take the conduit Lingering Numbness when para ends you will gain aggro even if you never got near them.

And what Sansu said. It doesn’t reduce aggro radius. It just puts the mob on pause from taking actions for 60 seconds.

3 Likes

this is DEFINATELY THE PROBLEM I CAN CONFIRM.

Paralyze puts the monk in combat always has unless they changed it recently.

Nope, paralysis by itself won’t put you in combat, but if you get too close to the paralyzed mob then you’ll be put in combat.

If you get too close to the para target it still agros. Para does not reduce agro range. I usually Para and ring the ads off to the side.