Is Old World Engineering worth it?

I just swapped my profession to engineering. I was wondering if I should just level the Kul Tiran engineering, or level the older stuff too. I’m not sure of any of the older gadgets are still useful at high levels. Also, what about the expansions in-between? I’ve never stuck with engineering due to the expenses, but I think I can give it a go now.

Maxing out Wrath engineering for Jeeves is still pretty useful. (Oh, and start running Onyxia now to try to get the needed gems for it unless you have some transmute cooldowns available.) As far as I’m aware it’s still the only access to your personal bank outside of the upgraded Argent Squire/Gruntling. (You can also make the Moll-E mailbox toy while you’re working on it.)

If you don’t already have the loot-a-rang toy, then I’d do Cataclysm engineering to pick that up. (Once you learn the toy, any of your engineers can use it with engineering 1.)

1 Like

This is the second time you’ve helped me. Appreciate it, mate.

Be advised you need max Wrath engineering for the Jeeves recipe to drop from mechanical mobs you can harvest. and the Saronite requirements for both max Wrath eng AND jeeves is insane. And it requires repair bots from vanilla and BC. which require high skill level in those areas to learn. Bright side you may be able to buy them from the AH.

There are a ton of perks you get from previous Xpac Engineering. Its the only profession where SOMETHING is useful.

-unique Goggle/ gun transmogs
-Repair bots/vendors
-Goblin gliders
-Teleports
-Loot-a-rang
-Belt/cloak attachments that work anywhere (Except BGs/Arenas)
-Pets
-Mounts(mechanobikes is what got me into eng in the first place)
-Plus you get exclusive access with Auction house bots without the need to return to SW/Org

As far as cost you can level engineering easy as your leveling your toon through the areas if u have mining. Just sell excess ore/bars/elemental resources on the AH for some profit. One major Drawback is Engineering stuff usually does not sell well. Maybe pets…Sky Golem.(takes 30 days to make from MoP)