Is Marksman Hunter a dead spec?

So, looks like Marksman Hunters are going by the way side. They are or already have spec-ed to BM. I have only ever played MM. Am I going to have to switch to BM also? Will Blizzard be taking another look at MM Hunter, or is it going to stay a dead spec?

2 Likes

Unless your doing cutting edge mythic marks is still fine. If you like it play it.

6 Likes

My guild does raid 3 times a week. I can’t seem to catch up to BM and guild is asking if I would go BM.

1 Like

I can’t speak to your exact situation, but if your guild is going to force you to play something you don’t like, why bother. I would just tell them you want to stick with marks.

1 Like

Post on your hunter or give us some logs. Maybe you need some help with marks. It isn’t that far off BM.

4 Likes

Tried to post my last raid boss fight.

That’s just wrong. I had BiS azerite traits for MM, then a few days ago I got near BiS azerite for BM. The change specilization button netted me a 6k dps increase in sims. Along with that came the ability to cleave, unlimited AoE targets, more self sufficiency, increased mobility, a stun, spirit mend, increased stamina, and more group utility.

Though I wish it was, MM is not competitive.

9 Likes

Netting 6k in Sims is worthless. Now if you net 6k in the logs that’s a different story. I will say if your mythic progression raiding congrats, your higher then top 10%. You probably can’t justify mm over the best performing spec in the game. I would still say play what you have fun with.

6 Likes

As above, MM does perform until players are at a high enough progression.

If you’re asking here, you should be fine as MM.

3 Likes

/shrug

I’m still around. :wink:

But in all seriousness, it’s not the first time MM has had super-low representation due to under-tuning. I seem to recall similar situations in BC and some of MoP and WoD (at least the early days).

Blizzard keeps going back and forth between the idea of making MM mobile or immobile. MM usually does better/has higher representation when it’s more mobile (in addition to decent DPS). And now, it ain’t very mobile…

7 Likes

I am ilvl 462 and Raidbots has me simming at just over 70k. I can barely do 40-45k single target in raid.

That sounds like there’s an issue if you’re dropping that far.
Link your logs so people here can help you.

Utilise the </> tool to link.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qztVApZKb7dRMGyN/#fight=31&type=damage-done&source=406

How’s that

From what I can tell based off your stats your haste is really high for someone who has 3 stacks of in the rhythm . You can afford to put more into your versatility and crit. In fact with 3 stacks of in the rhythm you can get as low as below 10% haste and not be effected in combat.

1 Like

How did that look when you ran it through the WOW Analyzer?

The same as it always says. Always be casting, of which I am always doing.

I am 443 and doing around 40k. Are you pre casting double tap? In your opener use trueshot after you cast aimed shot. Do you use double tap and trueshot pretty much when they come off cd?

Edit: sorry on my phone so I can’t take a closer look at the logs

yea i just play bm mostly now.

I just reached 120. No way am I going to play BM, so I don’t know for sure, but isn’t BM more mobile than MM? Wouldn’t that make MM logs even worse?

MM is slow, boring, and can’t aoe. Plus the gcd change feels awful. Don’t think I’ve played it all of BFA.

7 Likes