Is Mail Return Down?

I like using it to double check if I sent something somewhere wrong, as it’s happened a non-zero number of times.

The past few days mail return hasn’t been taking me to the mail return page at all. It just redirects to the generic support page.

Afraid so, about a week. For now try putting in a ticket under Not listed here.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/197/464/solution

Make sure to mention it is down, the character involved and what items. It might take a bit longer, and you might get a automated reply, just try to reopen your ticket if it does happen.

4 Likes

As well as the mail return system online being down, the access to it from the in-game Help menu is gone. Searching the in-game support page, i eventually found something in-game about - the “Go To Our Mail Recovery Page” link. When i clicked on it, i was directed to the main, generic Support page online, which has no option for mail recovery; i searched that site for it, & came to a pop-up page that when i first clicked it, routed me back to the main Support page; every time afterward, when it routed me back, i got stuck in the “Log In For Better Support” option, even tho i was already logged in.

i logged a ticket about it, & a Game Master Ianboryn (eventually) said first of all that in-game mail “is working as intended,” then chastised me for using the mail service as a storage facility. and then told me nothing further is going to be done, & i’d get no further responses to my ticket.

No, that was deactivated some months ago. We discovered the change back last September when someone else found themselves in your shoes. Because people were doing just as the GM told you, using mail as more storage. It wasn’t meant to be used that way. So where at one point mail would return to the sender after a month, it deletes itself now. There isn’t a way to work around it, you must get your mail from the mailbox within 30 days or it’s lost.

6 Likes

I got the same response when I opened a case to have my mail recovered. I got busy and couldn’t log on to play for a while. I was told the mailbox shouldn’t be used for storage. The mail recovery was available in Dec 2022 because I used it then. Now it’s completely gone.

1 Like

As I stated above, it has been deactivated. We don’t know why it has been or if or when it’ll be available again. You can try and submit a ticket, but regardless of the reason, there is a limit to how long they will be able to retrieve mail.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/464/ticket

4 Likes

About a week my butt. its still down / missing.

I dont know where this “not to be used as extra storage” and “doesnt return to sender after 30 days” stuff is coming from as I just had some returned to my bank toon today that expired. May be diff in retail? Im in Classic WOTLK

Anyway, my issue is unrelated. straight sent stuff from one to the other (I thought) and am not seeing it. So was going to mail recovery to see who i actually sent it to (and return it if unknown / wrong person)

If you sent it to the wrong character, and they collected the mail, it’s theirs now. Recovering mail sent to the wrong character only works if that character hasn’t opened the mail.

3 Likes

If it was sent to a non-alt, it takes an hour for them to get it.
It hasnt been an hour
I’m aware how mail works, Ive used this service many many times.
Even if that was the case, that would be reflected in the self service tool… something we cant even get to anymore
This seems like one of those things Activision does to their customers just because they can, and serves 0 positive purpose.

The mail tool broke. TI’s being worked on, apparently, so they deactivated it in the meantime. I would submit a ticket via the same link Kozzae provided above, in hopes that perhaps whomever you sent it to won’t access the mail before the ticket comes up in the queue.

The other stuff that we’re saying about the mail not being intended for storage, or not kicking back to the original sender after 30 days? Those statements came from personal experience with a couple GMs, and the updated mail article that I had screenshotted snippets above.

Please, submit a ticket to see if they cannot figure out where you mail got caught up or went off to. That’s the best thing you can do right now. I’ll try and dredge up the Blue post I saw here recently confirming the tool was broken and in the process of being worked on.

3 Likes

Considering this post was two weeks ago, it’s probably been done a bit longer. Hopefully this will return soon, but as a fellow player I wouldn’t know. Make sure to put in a bug report.

4 Likes