Is it worth getting the legendary cloak now?

I left just after 8.3 dropped and people were going nuts about corruption and how grindy the cloak was.

I came back for Shadowlands and it seems like the grind for the cloak is better now? Is it still worth getting? Do I get anything else along the way? (Mounts for achievements or something?)

Or is it not worth the grind since it will be obsolete in a couple months?

If I don’t go for the cloak…I’ll probably just do some dailies to unlock all of the allied races.

I heard the squish ruined running legacy raids for transmogs (haven’t had a chance to verify myself yet).

The legendary cloak is still the best cloak in the game AFAIK. How long that will last once Shadowlands drops I don’t know. I went ahead & got it on the Horde alt I just finished leveling. If you haven’t done that quest chain yet I’d say it’s worth doing once.

As for legacy raids, there are a couple issues. Some folks were able to run Legion raids near the end of BfA, but when 9.0.1 dropped the scaling changed & currently they can’t be run. Once people level up to 60 that shouldn’t be a problem anymore. And some folks are having issues running raids while they’re leveling up.

But if you want to go back & solo old raids (pre-Legion) as a level 50, you should be able to. I just stuck my head in 10 man Hellfire Citadel (from Warlords) and did the first couple of bosses. It was no harder than the last time I did it a few months ago, and I picked up a couple appearances I didn’t already have.

If you have any interest in story, it’s probably worth getting the cloak at least once, just for that.

I did my WoD raid runs after the patch, and Hellfire Citadel felt about the same on all difficulties. For Blackrock Foundry, it seemed like things took a bit longer to die. (But still trivial.)

Transmog drops are still working like they did pre-patch, but a big difference is that the vendor prices of the drops has been reduced dramatically. So, WoD raids are no longer a good source of gold. (I think I made less gold running all 3 difficulties than I used to make per difficulty.)

Okay thank you both.

I’ll go take a run at the legendary cloak quest on my main, at least.

yes its worth doing and you can still use it in time walking someday. Yes you can get the mail muncher mount in Visions if you get a rare spawn clicking on the mailboxes and a few toys. Also clearing gives a nice item level item like a 125for the first 5 mask clear each week and then 120 item for your 2nd 5 mask clear or 4 mask clear. Then the reward continues going down by 5 item levels each clear during that week. In my opinion after doing clears over 25 times now it was fun. Could of been alot better with more maps. Happy hunting!

im on alliance i just hit 50, how do i get the cloak? there are so many story line quests but i only want to do stuff thats relevant to get the cloak

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/visions-of-nzoth-introduction-questline-horrific-visions-assaults