Is it time to remove the dungeon slow/stun mechanic for low-level dungeons?

As someone who quite enjoys farming lower-level dungeons as a way to relax, it’s quite disappointing that I can’t efficiently farm these dungeons due to the stun mechanic chain-stunning my character to death.

Considering the experience negation already deters boosting (and quite frankly, boosters are still alive and well in WotLK in the 70-79 bracket with Halls of Stone and such), is there really a reason to keep the stun and slow anti-boosting mechanics any longer? Might as well remove it while there’s still time to enjoy WotLK, at least for those waiting for Season of Discovery or Cataclysm.

5 Likes

Its a Mech to stop Bots from chain pulling entire dungeons not boosting. When it was added it was said because of the rogue bots in BT

1 Like

You’re actually completely wrong.

3 Likes

Exactly what Feroid linked, it wasn’t introduced because of bots chain pulling entire dungeons. If anything, bots wouldn’t care if it’d stop chain pulls because they can go on 24/7 without a need to be efficient.
It was introduced as an anti-boosting set of mechanics. Since clearing low-level dungeons with a high-level character in the party completely negates experience gains, there’s no real reason to have the anti-boosting mechanics.

2 Likes

It’s a terrible mechanic that ruined a legitimate minigame and farming method that tons of regular players engaged in. Sadly they will probably never do anything about it since they want to incentivize people to buy tokens. It just sucks, doubt there’s much we can really do about it.

Had nothing to do with bots since bots flyhack and do all other sorts of TOS stuff, unlike players who in most cases had to spend hours to learn pulls and collect optimal farming gear sets. I remember the joy in finally getting 5 piece tier two on my mage alt in late classic that helped me steamroll dungeon boosts and set me up with a war chest for TBC.

Now your options to make gold are 1. buy it (token if you’re a sucker or g2g if you value your irl gold) 2. do GDKPs 3. have a ton of gold on hand to invest in AH market manipulation.

4 Likes

Collecting transmogs will be a pain if they keep that awful anti-boosting mechanic by the time cataclysm comes

1 Like

they do this to sell WoWToken
just like pirate serv buff TBC/classic raids to sell more gold in shop

if mage can still onepull like tbc… but with wotlk talence…raw gold is to insane

Blizz ban manfarm because Blizz need more bots to pay more subs

Should never sacrifice the game to make bots and cheaters easier to manage. Exploiters will always find a way, players will just leave when things get too tedious

1 Like

While I want these changes gone so I can run friends through low level content again, I legit have never run into any of the countermeasures they added and I still farm old content weekly.

Seems like it either stops you entirely or never shows up, I do my farming on a prot pally and a Blood DK so idk if that makes a difference.

You don’t need a lot of gold to flip items on the AH, 5k is usually enough to flip tradegoods. There’s also professions, I’ve made 23k in the last 30 days just by selling glyphs and 101.4k is from flipping tradegoods (among other things too). Though it varies from server to server the point is that you don’t need that much gold to actually start flipping.

Would bring more value to the items

It’s implemented for dungeons only, as I believe that there isn’t implementation into raids (save for Kara trash I believe). Overall it doesn’t hurt if you’re farming items off specific bosses, but if you want to farm other items then it’s a rather detrimental mechanic.

Unless it affects CataC, HC or SoD, you’re wasting your time here.
And even then, it’s a long shot.
Especially if you’re posting from a sock puppet.

Tons of regular players?
I think I found the OPs main.

The snare stuff, I’m pretty sure, is aimed at classes like Paladin and Mage AoE grinding instances their level. I don’t know why Blizzard is so concerned with eliminating creative and interesting PvE playstyles, but they are. It’s not like there’s a massive imbalance of Paladins and Mages.

Farming old content is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game for me. People might actually play the game beyond raid-logging if Blizzard didn’t strip the fun out of everything. Even if snares and such were the only way to combat boosting, I still contend that it’s not worth ruining large swaths of the game to prevent. Livestreams for this sort of stuff were getting immensely popular.

1 Like

Been running for Baron Mount since TBC classic. I do Scholo, and I do ramps and BF.

I know these exist as deterrent mechanics I just never hit any of them.

Look at the view and comment count of any of the Classic mage boosting guides on youtube. It was a big community.

1 Like

How? Stuff will melt when you hit higher levels. You can also walk past most of it, if you don’t need greens.

Don’t forget the prot paladins!

An actual undeniable fact. I used to be on a discord for it as well that was small and not terribly fast moving but had people dropping knowledge and efficient farming paths in dungeons.

2 Likes

Let be real, the change was introduced so people would buy boost from Blizzard.

1 Like