Is it the Horde's fault that Zandalar is attacked?

That’s a quality of Sylvanas that I like:

She didn’t send her Forsaken alone immediately to besiege Icecrown - she let the planet coalesce and agree.

She wanted Gilneas…but she never provoked it. She waited until Garrosh commanded an invasion, and she took command.

She didn’t just order an invasion of Stormwind or Night Elven lands - she debated with Saurfang and he conceded she was right. And he planned the War of Thorns.

She has her intentions, but she is a team player.

4 Likes

Okay great! I wholly respect that.

I just didn’t feel like reiterating I guess. But here I am so you’re right.

I do like this part too because its why we have the war we’re in now. Her long games have done nothing but dig deeper holes for her and her people. Its like Granfaloon said:

They were. And she bound them by her own actions. She developed the plague, selfishly, for the pursuit of her revenge against Arthas and it got her in that position with Garrosh. Gilneas is her fault. This war is her fault. The root of every issue currently on center stage is xx_QTGothWaifu_xx

i really would not call her a team player, she is a schemer and a manipulator who looks out for herself and her own interest above all else which already disqualifies her from the defination of a team player

someone who cares more about helping a group or team to succeed than about his or her individual success

Your opinion. She has remarked that she serves the Horde and she wished to save the Forsaken.

7 Likes

Just an fyi, nobody ever signed a peace treaty/ceasefire with Arthas. The Alliance and Horde had one after SoO and Genn broke it by attempting to assassinate Sylvanas. That’s the difference between the two attempts at revenge.

4 Likes

technically it was broken before that, it was broken at ashran.

4 Likes

Ashran was more of a skirmish that neither side wanted to make a fuss about since both were responsible for it. Both were working together and even saving each other at the Broken Shore.

2 Likes

Your rubric for a “broken peace” pales when seen by the light of the events.

You seem to ignore Sylvanas, Voljin, Thrall, Jaina, and Varian fighting as one after WoD.

3 Likes

i could say the same about stormheim, being more of a skirmish, war was not officially declared during the stormheim conflict and it ended there.

because an outside threat forced them too, if the legion never arrived the peace would still be broken due to the events of ashran

2 Likes

The problem is that we’re given horrible metrics for what constitutes an act of war. For example, Genn destroying a fleet and attacking Sylvanas didn’t put them at war. A bit pet peeve of mine in Warcraft.

3 Likes

Attempting to assassinate the Warchief is just a tad bit beyond a skirmish. There is no longer a way to blame it on misunderstandings or overeager junior officers. Genn tried to kill Sylvanas in the middle of a Legion invasion and started war that lasted the entire expansion. The only reason it got relegated to two lines in a short story is because blizzard will never let the Alliance be responsible for starting a war. It’s why the war part of this expansion has been dead on arrival and almost no one wants it anymore.

It did start a war. Sylvanas, the Warchief, was moving her troops and taking warden towers from Genn.

4 Likes

Except after Legion, they explicitly were saying there was no war. As odd as it seems, fighting doesn’t equate to actual war at times in the game.

7 Likes

that isn’t really a war and more of a series of skirmishes. in fact in before the storm we are told that the factions are not at war with each other.

3 Likes

Because that would make the Alliance and Genn responsible for the war in BfA and Golden couldn’t have that. It’s the exact same crap that happened when Varian declared war in Undercity then blizzard conveniently forgets that it even happened.

4 Likes

You could say the same - and I could say the moon is made of apple pie.

Was Ashran ever mentioned in a novella that discussed a motivation for an entire expansion of war? No.

Stormheim was tho.

It’s the Alliance’s fault the Zandalari are attacked. Since they attack the Zandalari as an extension of their war against the Horde. The Alliance don’t have to attack; in fact, by doing so as part of an attempt to keep Zandalar out of the war, they instead wind up pushing the Zandalari Empire fully into the Horde.

4 Likes

but stormheim also didn’t start a war as we are told in bts that there is no war, therefore stormheim was just a skirmish. it being mentioned doesn’t make it any less of a skirmish, furthermore stormheim is only mentioned in saurfangs inner monologue

3 Likes

the zandalari are already part of the horde before they get attacked in 8.1, during alliance war campaign you see zandalari in horde colors fighting alongside the horde at angle point.

4 Likes

I think that if they were officially part of the Horde, there’d be more than just a passing reference, which could be explained in any number of ways (art direction error, Zandalari volunteers, etc.). In fact, I’d be willing to bet you money that Zandalar officially joining the Horde, and Kul Tiras the Alliance, will be a big deal when it finally happens, and it will involve the playable races becoming unlocked. And I’ll further bet you that when it happens, Talanji is going to specifically cite the murder of her father.

1 Like

The Kul Tiran leaders (Jaina Proudmoore, Katherine Proudmoore, Brother Pike, and Lucille Waycrest) already pledged themselves to the Alliance in front of Anduin at the end of the Pride of Kul Tiras questline.