Is it the Horde's fault that Zandalar is attacked?

Sargeras was right, and the titans ruined everything.

11 Likes

If you put ` around the link it’ll let you post it.

4 Likes

Neat, thanks.

1 Like

The best I can explain is the alliance were afraid the zandalari were joining Sylvanas which led to becoming enemies with the zandalari when they captured Talanji. While inconvenient the horde were there, the alliance are responsible.

Still confused why Anduin wants to capture Talanji instead of Rastakhan though.

If the Horde hadn’t arrived in Zandalar Zul would have killed Rastakhan, the Seal would have been broken, and blood trolls with a super powered blood golem would have overrun the city before freeing their master.

Then Zandalar would have been a massive, global threat that, with an awake and super corruptive old god, may have become a threat to both the Alliance and Horde.

The Horde saved the world. Then the Alliance swung in after we just finished saving it to take advantage of our weakened state.

9 Likes

Did the Horde get Zanadalar attacked? Yes.

Would everyone in Zanadlar be Old God lunch if it wasn’t for us? Yes.

5 Likes

The Alliance decides, after killing Goblins and deciding they have a right to kill their leader without asking them, that they are doing the Goblins a favor. I found it so typical.

2 Likes

I think once you sink an Alliance fleet, that pretty much counts as throwing the dice.

3 Likes

To be fair, the fleet that got destroyed were trying to murder the princess. They were actively firing on her ship with the clear intention to sink it.

I don’t think any ruler in Warcraft would have reacted differently to that.

17 Likes

There’s a reason no country embraces vigilantic revenge. Killing someone as revenge is NEVER justified. I had a longer passage somewhere on the old forums on the negative sociology of revenge which I can’t find now but I summed it up in another thread (on this very topic, in fact) this way

3 Likes

Sorry but Sylvanas has blighted gilneas, southshore, killed genn’s son and burned a nation full of civilians.

The assassination attempt was 100% justified from genn’s POV, not the alliance’s. Post teldrassil’s burning, the alliance should have no reason to not dispatch her.

10 Likes

You didn’t mention Genn’s PoV until just now. It’s not relevant. He can’t be the least bit rational on the subject. You wanted us to speak to your perspective. You are not Genn.

3 Likes

What are you even talking about? I’m not genn, but his reasoning made perfect sense.

6 Likes

Genn is insane. He might have been justified in attacking sylvanas, but he did it by bombing ships full of forces meant to fight the legion. If he had to purge all forsaken to kill sylvanas he would not hesitate. He also cost the alliance an airship in that assault.

11 Likes

yeah, that was a bit insane, but they always seem to build new ones, don’t they? Its like airships grow on trees for the alliance.

Also, he’s a bit extreme, but so was turning his city into a green toxic mess and trying to murder him outright but killing his son instead. JS

3 Likes

Airships grow on trees in general. It’s rather ridiculous.

I think the Alliance and Horde have lost roughly the same amount of airships over the years, give or take one. I think it’s five lost Horde and four lost Alliance.

3 Likes

well, the horde and zandalari open up 8.1 by attacking kul’tiras

we did not deny her, because she never came to us, we caught her when she was on her way to the horde

I feel like werewolves warrant a slight blighting at least. But most of it was trying to win a war on multiple fronts. Sylvanas also had to fight alliance in hillsbrad and WPL.

at that point, wasn’t gilneas still behind the wall, and in no way interested in the outside world? I’m having trouble remembering back that far. But when Sylvanas attacked, they weren’t part of the Alliance anymore, were they?

5 Likes

Garrosh attacked, Sylvanas was still in Northrend when the invasion started.

Sylvanas blighted Gilneas and killed Liam, but she didn’t order or start the invasion itself. Blame her for what she actually did.

3 Likes