Is it the Horde's fault that Zandalar is attacked?

I’ve been thinking about this recently. For one, obviously, aligning with the Horde opened the Zandalari up to attack. Clearly.

But the Horde was brought in because Talanji sought them out for help and was denied by the Alliance in a scene that we really should have seen by now. Her kingdom was falling apart and she needed the Horde to come help, and in return, they’d help in the war.

With Battle for Dazar’Alor and the incursions, I felt like this was once again the Horde’s fault so it doesn’t feel good to play. I feel like the Zandalari would be better off conquered by the Alliance. Though it isn’t clear whether they’d be allies or a vassal state? I’ll put a pin in that.

But if they sought us out and they needed us, and we helped them, then maybe the Horde isn’t the obvious bad guys for once in the particular scenario of the raid?

4 Likes

No.

The Zandalari asked the Horde for aid because it’s natural. The Loa are stated to believe that the Horde is the future of the Zandalari Empire back in MoP, so this was a long time coming anyway.

29 Likes

The Horde basically caused Rastakhan’s death, but Zandalar needed help from the Horde and for what they accomplished with G’huun and the corruption with Zul it seems to be not a bad deal.

13 Likes

I don’t believe so. The Zandalari needed our help, they got it. It comes with a price. Their wars are now our wars, and our wars are now their wars.

34 Likes

I’m going to put this one down to, “Self-Fulfilling Prophecy.”

6 Likes

First off, give The Zandalari some personal responsibility. It’s not the Hordes Fault they get attacked. They needed allies to deal with their problems, they sought us out and we came to help them. They have to take what comes with that help, but either way it was their choice.

Second, how is being conquered better than being an equal ally in the Horde? How is completely losing sovereignty ever favorable? So please explain why you think The Zandalari would have been better off being conquered, in any form, by the Alliance?

13 Likes

Nah, the Zandalari (specifically Talanji) came to the Horde first.

And they’re Trolls. They don’t like many of the Alliance races to begin with anyway.

3 Likes

all the deaths and casualties of this war is sylvanas, the horde, and probably calia for the gathering fiasco.
Yes, the horde IS responsable for his death.

but then again, once you chose a side, there is a risk of being attacked by the other. so the zandalari are also responsable for joining the horde, if they remained neutral, nothing would have happened.
well, zul would have killed rasthakan instead.

what about… if the zandalari asked the alliance for help? then they would probably be attacked by the horde.
so the zandalari were screwed anyway.

3 Likes

Is there evidence she asked and the Alliance denied help? Hadn’t heard that.

Anyway, no. If anyone is to blame, it is Zandalar for agreeing to side with the Horde knowing they were in a war. But it was hardly an unreasonable choice given they had few other options.

13 Likes

we don’t even know how she was captured and why anduin didn’t tried to speak with her.

4 Likes

People are saying, “Yes because they joined the Horde.”

I have an opposite argument. The Horde didn’t kill Rastakhan. The Alliance did.

The only people to blame for Rastakhan’s death is the Alliance. That’s just how it is. It’s not bad. It’s natural, and doesn’t reflect wrongfully onto the Alliance. But it is the Alliance’s fault he died, because they killed him.

39 Likes

I don’t think anyone disagrees. But the Horde is indirectly the cause of it for joining the Zandalari, but i can’t blame them for seeking their help.

I’m just surprised Anduin didn’t want peace with them and talk to Talanji about it like he did with Saurfang.

3 Likes

It is Genn’s fault for attacking Sylvanas at Stormhiem and giving Saurfang no choice but to agree to war. Genn brought the Horde, Alliance, and all of Azeroth into his personal vendetta.

Every death is on his hide. And Anduin’s for allowing him. And Tyrande for harboring him.

Man, people are so strange.

When Teldrassil burns because the Night Elves joined the Alliance and helped them attempt to assassinate the Warchief by giving the Worgen safe harbor… so many posters blame the Horde.

Yet, when Rastakahn dies because the Horde helped Zandalar survive against Zul, Mogu, Mythrax, Blood Trolls, Ghuun…thats also the Horde’s fault.

Some people must be viewing this story through a kaleidoscope.

28 Likes

I mean, insofar as the Legion is responsible for Rastakhan’s death because they brought the Horde to Azeroth.

Saying it doesn’t mean anything.

5 Likes

Genn was 100% justified in trying to assassinate Sylvanas. Change my mind.

10 Likes

You say that like they’d have survived long enough for the Alliance to care about them.

Talanji came to the Horde because her people were in trouble and without the Horde Zul would have killed a lot more Zandalari and quite a few more loa would have been killed or corrupted as well.

He didn’t give Saurfang no choice. Saurfang came to that silly conclusion of his own free will.

21 Likes

https://i.imgflip.com/2p02cx.jpg

10 Likes

It’s not like Alliance players wanted to kill Rastakhan, let us kill someone responsible like Sylvanas, not a character with a long history and huge potential that dies in the first patch.

2 Likes

I don’t blame players.

From a narrative perspective, it’s foolish to blame the Horde for this. May as well climb the tree to the top and blame the Titans for this.

3 Likes