Is it possible that layering won’t be removed from Herod?

the time to stop layering was months ago. we got layering, if it makes more sense to keep it by all means keep it.

nobody tried to get the classic experience. we are getting the classic experience. people spent years trying to get the vanilla experience. we are not getting the vanilla experience.

world boss content does not make any sense with layering. hence phase 2 at the most will remove them

but i could always immagine free transfers of the realm before p2 launch

I’m sure Herod takes off his clothes when he feels necessary. If it’s too hot, bathing, etc.

but they have moved the goal posts from “in the first few weeks” as originally discussed to “before phase 2”.
trying to give themselves some breathing room.

Why do you hate classic so much?

i don’t hate classic, i’ll still enjoy classic, as classic. classic has layers, the classic experience is retail with 1.12 content, so that’s how i’ll play.

people who want layers removed want the vanilla experience, that battle is already lost, it would be wrong to take the classic experience away from 95% of the playerbase after giving it to them in the first place.

Because they are layering phase 1…it’s now the classic experience to layer for the entirety?

yes, if removing layers means everybody gets super queued and forced to transfer, that’s disrupting everyones ability to play the game.

why should they do that? layers work fine, everyone is happy for phase 1 layers so there is no reason to remove them.

When did they gaurantee layering will be removed?

It has to be removed before world bosses are added into the game.

They don’t have a choice.

1 Like

that’s wrong. layers make world bosses better.

Don’t worry, 75% of people will give up before P2. Especially when playing on a PvP server and they hit that STV gankfest bottleneck where they have 5 minute runs back to their corpses over and over again.

They will remove layering, but then you’ll be smacked with a queue because the world will be too saturated.

I would say it is very possible that it won’t be removed on Herod for years.

Reading is fun.

I don’t see the word guarantee anywhere. If you think that post guarantee’s you anything you must not be familiar with Blizzard’s history on these types of things.

They said previously they’d only have layering in the starting zones. See how that turned out?

If nothing they say has any value, is it possible they don’t launch at all?:thinking:

It will be removed and if people don’t start switchin from Herod to other servers, phase 2 will be a complete mess. Queues for hours.
Specially, I think horde will be outnumbering alliance on Herod.
So… If you have a horde guild on herod, consider moving to Stalagg.
Thank you!

They actually never said that. That was a player made rumor that got circulated as truth.

“feasible”.

No, they’ll remove them and have 40,000 person queues. Move now, and save everyone the angst.