Is it OK to trade gold on different servers?

I am established on Bleeding Hollow server and am creating a new character on Aegwynn and its tough without a bit of gold.

If I were to give someone on Bleeding Hollow 10,000 gold and they gave me 10,000 gold on Aegwynn, is that against the rules?

Not against the rule, per se, but it would be unsupported. Meaning that if they didn’t hold true to their word, then you wouldn’t be able to get your gold back.

Meaning you’d really have to trust them to do that.

7 Likes

This exactly.

Personally, I’m not sure I’d even trust most of my family with that arrangement - much less a stranger. Your mileage may vary - but we will not become involved if things go South.

8 Likes

Also, just for safety, document this with in game chat. Not bnet, but logged in game.

Just in case this raises any flags, a conversation about it in the logs is better than it not being there. Over that amount I doubt it would raise a flag, but better safe than sorry

Even with documentation, if it all goes bad, you will likely not get your gold returned and you will not be informed of any disciplinary action Blizzard may take against the offender.

1 Like

Oh sorry. My bad that I was not clear.

They are alm absolutely right. I mea t in case it pops a flag that you were selli g or buying gold. It was early when I posted it and apologize for any confusion.

So a 10k swap isn’t much, but why not make it 2,500 and then see how that goes, then do 5k, then another 2,500 just to make sure?

Still a matter of trust, since even with that amount you could lose your gold and not get it back.

2 Likes

The easiest way to transfer some gold, that as far as I know is legit (sure hope so since I do this on occasion) is to obtain a cageable/tradeable pet on the server where you have gold, learn it, then the goldless character cages and sells it. Obviously you want to investigate the markets first, and then there’s no guarantee that this won’t be the week nobody wants that pet on the new server, but it is an option. Unless someone comes along and says this isn’t allowed. But I’ve always figured that when they made pets account wide and tradeable, it would have been obvious that this could be done, so they would have prevented it if they had a problem with it.

There used to be a guy on Illidan, Fluffy, who offered gold trading services on all realms for a fee. He was incredibly reliable and was very close with Ion’s guild on Mal’ganis.

I’m not sure he still plays anymore but he hung out a lot on the achievements forum.