Is it looking like any spec of druid will be a competitive raider next expac?

Cries in Feral

6 Likes

Ferals can help Healers with Ysera Gift and can self heal

That’s pretty funny, good one.

4 Likes

There aren’t “very few bear tanks” because the spec itself is actually bad, there’s few bear tanks because it’s mind numbingly boring to play. If I didn’t have the hulk bear skin I’d probably never play mine. The spec itself is fine though, good mitigation and self healing and can do good damage with TD.

As a Cutting Edge bear tank, I can assure you that Guardian has major problems when raiding, and I’d be surprised if anyone could dig up a Cutting Edge bear tank who disagrees.

3 Likes

I didn’t say bear was fotm. I said it was fine. It’s playable and doesn’t feel like utter garbage to play, and it won’t hold your guild back from getting CE.

Except it DOES hold you back. Brewmaster is so ridiculously better it’s not even funny. Leaving aside how ridiculous ox statue is for handling Psychophages on Nzoth, but they need to be kited and bears don’t even have a slow.

Any bear who has tanked Mythic Nzoth will tell you that.

Can it be done? Sure. Do I regret doing it on a bear? Hell yes.

1 Like

Ysera’s gift is wild and really underrated, but every druid spec has access to it so I don’t know if I’d call it a feral-specific boon. It’s also not enough to make a spec desirable on its own, though again, it is very very strong

Thinking about affinities though, I’ve never really liked them. I don’t think the game would break if all druids had access to like, ferocious bite and rejuv like they used to. I feel like most of those abilities should just be baseline and then the affinities can be more about their passive benefits, which are most of the reason anyone takes affinities anyway. HOTW can still buff based on your chosen affinity, it’s just that you’d have the abilities even if HOTW isn’t buffing them

Like if it were up to me, every Druid would regain Starfire, Wrath, Sunfire, Rejuvenation, Lifebloom, Rip, Ferocious Bite, Rake, Ironfur, and Thrash. Then the affinities would be like:

Balance: +5 yard range, Moonkin Form Typhoon and Starsurge
Feral: +speed/energy regen, you learn Maim
Resto: Ysera’s Gift/Wild Growth, Swiftmend, Vortex
Guardian: -6% damage taken, Frenzied Regeneration, Incapacitating Roar

You know, the spells that were actually historically iconic to those forms and specs rather than just an assortment of baseline requirements that everyone used to have anyway

1 Like

I agree, but in addition, Affinities should provide group utility. For example;

Feral: +5% crit buff to all players within 10 yards
Resto: Ysera’s Gift now affects all friendly players within 10 yards
Guardian: -5% damage reduction buff to all friendly players within 10 yards
Balance: 5% movement and 5% range distance buff to all friendly players within 10 yards

That being said, I’d trade all of that to fix each spec’s biggest flaw (IE Guardian gets a snare back, Balance’s eclipse bar is tossed, etc)