Is it hard for rogues to be accepted into raids?

I was thinking of what class I should make for an alt and thought of making a rogue, and wanted to know if it’s hard or easy for rogues to be accepted into endgame raids.

Rogues always have at least one spec that is top tier in both pvp and pve. It’s never bad to be a rogue.

1 Like

ranged or arms warrior and demon hunter.

If you are a decent player you can roll any class. Its not hard to become decent either, just simply get involved and be actually interested in making your self the best that you can be.

I wouldn’t say it’s hard, but it’s probably our weakest venue. We’re not as good in raids as DH, but we’re generally good enough to get a raid spot if you’re a solid player. The issue always tends to be that there are limited melee DPS spots, especially with how strong BM, Destruction, and Fire currently is.

We’re much stronger in 5 man content, PvP, and solo content (visions).

Best reasons to Rogue.

Rogues are easily one of the most desirable melee, we may not be #1 DPS at the moment but we still provide insane utility, mobility and great survival that other classes just don’t have. I’ve been in high end raiding for years now and Rogue has remained my absolute favorite class and the amount of fights Rogues have excelled at in the past is unrivaled.

Not only is it easy to get into raids/guilds as a rogue but if you enjoy M+ most group leaders will pick a rogue over other melee.

The future looks even better going into Shadowlands, our Covenants are very strong excluding Venthyr. Subtlety has been returned to it’s former playstyle with Shadow Dance being important, Outlaw has had massive improvements to it’s play style. Assassination is mostly unchanged but with Toxic Blade being a passive allowing us to pick another DPS talent you can expect some nice combinations.

Don’t get discouraged early on with low DPS, make sure you save up your Echoes for when Expedient is available as that is the corruption you will be stacking, you’ll wan’t at least 5+. if Severe is available you will wan’t to buy at least 2 12% critical strikes to pair with your Expedients.

2 Likes

Is it too late in the expansion to try and gear up a rogue alt? Also I’m only interested in playing assassination spec

I don’t believe it is, Shadowlands is still months away and with the nerfs to cloak upgrades you can catch up pretty easily. If you’re only interested in Assassination you can still bring it to M+ with 3x Garrote and 1-2 Echoing Blades Azerite traits with great results. I also find the spec to be insanely easy for 5 mask runs, it’s a complete breeze.

On another note you could end up finding a new main going into Shadowlands, the class is quite fun and plays differently from most the classes.

1 Like

Will I use the expedient build as well for M+?