Is it better here?

Hi all,

I’ve been gone from WoW for about 10 years. Back then I raided WotLK and was pretty hardcore for about the first 5 years.

Fast forward to WoW Classic and I joined BB because I’ve always had good experiences with RP servers (Shout out to old hands from Moon Guard and Feathermoon!) It’s been really great so far and people have been both helpful and welcoming - especially my new guild. At the same time, I read the classic forums and its constant complaints, min-maxing and other topics that make me wonder why people play if they don’t have any fun?!

So I find myself wondering, is BB a healthier environment? Is it because RP servers attract a different group? Am I blind and it will be just as bad when I hit 60? Opinions please.

PT

2 Likes

Hey Pierce -

BSB is a great community. There is an unfortunate minority that cause stress and issues (griefers, people with anger issues, people overly focused on loot/gear, etc.), but by and large I’ve had positive experiences with both Alliance and Horde characters. Due to our smaller size, we are not as juicy a target for the bots that plague many larger servers. Still though, there are ample opportunities to raid, role play, compete for world bosses, be casual, pvp, and beyond. I get the feeling that the average age of the population is a little higher here than on other servers, so there’s more of a laid back vibe.

If you choose to continue to play here, I’d recommend not limiting your relationships to a single guild - there are a lot of really solid people in a lot of guilds out there, and making relationships across the breadth of the community has been a truly rewarding experience. And that is 100% not anything negative about Safe Haven - I know several people who have been members there and I count them among my trusted friends.

Best of luck on your journeys!
~ Badl

3 Likes