Is it a mistake to alt a hunter?

if i wanna do a lot of SS

Well the thing about hunters in ss is

4 Likes

they are fine… just reqs awareness to kite n cc

good luck… you’ll need it.

It is definitely a mistake to make a hunter alt if you want to do a lot of solo shuffle. While hunters may be strong in terms of damage output, they lack the survivability and crowd control abilities that are crucial in solo shuffle. In addition, hunters are also highly dependent on their pet and if their pet dies it can put them at a significant disadvantage.

On the other hand, protection paladins offer a unique combination of survivability, crowd control, and damage output that makes them a strong choice for solo shuffle. With abilities such as Hand of Protection, Divine Shield, and Lay on Hands, protection paladins can easily survive against multiple enemies. They also have a variety of crowd control options such as Hammer of Justice, Repentance, and Turn Evil. And with the use of their various seals and blessings, they can dish out solid damage as well.

Additionally, protection paladins have a unique advantage when it comes to solo shuffle because of their ability to self-heal and provide strong healing to others. They don’t need to rely on a healer to survive, giving them an edge when it comes to solo queue. They also have a lot of utility that makes them a valuable addition to any group, making them a great choice if you want to do both solo and group content.

In conclusion, if you want to do a lot of solo shuffle, it is a mistake to make a hunter alt. Instead, you should consider rerolling a protection paladin, as they offer the survivability, crowd control, and damage output that are crucial for solo shuffle, and also have the added benefit of self-healing and strong healing to others. Protection paladins can also be a great addition to any group, making them a versatile choice for both solo and group content.

1 Like

It’s pretty rough until you get 4set. You’re the squishiests class in the game and don’t have the damage to be really scary untill then.

I’ve played Lock, Ele, Boomie, and Marks/B this expansion. Hunter dies like no other class in the stun, in solo shuffle when your doesn’t peel you’ll die. You can’t press anything while stunned. People who think Ele is squishy, play a Hunter and you’ll feel like a tank the next time you’re on your Ele.

I can’t count the amount of times I have to trinket>Turtle opener against a Rogue because they’ll 100-0 me.

If you like being sat on every game and having no coordination with your healer and overlapping defensive cds everytime your hp dips from the wind blowing.

It’s a mistake to play anything but melee in the current meta

BM hunter for me is a lot of fun, I recently came back and was able to get to 1800 in less than 10-11 lobbies and i’ve seen some get up to 2400 in the same amount of lobbies too.

I would say specifically for BM it’s very easy to play rotation wise, with set it becomes even better but realistically the difficulty of hunter always boils down to the awareness.

Knowing what the enemy team will do before they do it so you can pre-trap ahead of time and paying attention to keeping pressure up while kiting.

I found that going DID helped a lot to get rid of Assa Deathmark/Feral Bleeds, having a HP Trinket is also super useful along with a tank pet with MS for an even bigger health boost.

It’s still super easy to die even with all of those things going for you, but if you’re smart with CD usage and positioning you can make it really far as Hunter.

if you wanna do a lot of SS you should be leveling a DH or healer

hunter is not worth right now unless you’ve played it a lot before imo