Is it a good idea for a US-E player to transfer to OC if I work night shifts?

I’m sure plenty of people have had a similar issue in the past, but I’d love some current input.

I’m a US player in CST who plays on a EST server. My work schedule has been suddenly altered so I’m now unable to make most raid times for guilds on my server.

I’ve heard of US players raiding in the mornings with OC players so I would like to know if that’s a compatible option for me as I currently work 1:30-10:30 pm shifts.

We have a player from Texas raids with us as works for him for this reason. Just need to work out if NZ or Aussie times suit better and make sure to account for the daylight savings move. Make a level 1 on a few realms and check the recruitment boards for times they raid and what your ping is like. Think he gets about 200ms.

11pm CST is 6pm Daylight Savings for a NZ guild (likely to be starting about 7-8pm NZ) and about 3 hours added again for an Aussie guild where that would be 3pm.

So your Midnight to 1am is about when a NZ guild would start and your 2-3am for an Aussie one (at the moment changes 2 hours about when you go daylight and we go winter)

Hope that helps.

1 Like

I wouldn’t do it. NA is trending and WoW just trended on Twitter a few days ago so it’s probably going to fill out again. I am sure you will be able to fill a raid time in NA soon enough. You can also always change servers or use raid finder. Every server more or less has different popular timezones with different population ratios.
Also, you have to keep in mind Oceanic is a different culture and geopolitical spectrum.

I’m on west coast US, but I find raiding with OCE (specifically Eastern Australia), a lot easier since I work til about 10-10:30 pm here. The ping is a bit wonky at times, but over-all not too noticeable from my experience. A couple guilds I have been in have had a few NA people as well, so you wouldn’t be alone. :slight_smile:

is quite funny to mention theres a ping when us in OCE were playing on US servers before there were any OCE servers, we played with that ping all the time and we managed just fine… do as suggested… My guild (on Frostmourne) also has a US player in the raid group and he does ok. make a lvl 1 and check the different servers out

1 Like

Id say yes. I am in Chicago and I love farming mats when all the oceanic peep be sleepin. =)

No it’s a bad idea

i worked shift work in Australia and chose American servers so people would be awake in my game time, I then moved back to New Zealand have a few on Oceanic servers but mainly still play US, retired now and just prefer us servers cause my midnight they all sleeping good time for farming lol