Is i12700k & 3080TI Bad? Why constant sub-40 FPS everywhere?

I don’t know how else to ask this, but I thought my specs were decent. I can play nearly every other game @ High or max settings with little issue. As mentioned, i12700k, 3080TI, 32BG RAM… I run RDR2 AT near max, Star Citizen nearly maxed, new spiderman fully maxed, GoW maxed… No issues anywhere, framerate wise…

So why am I 20-30 FPS in Valdrakken, and generally 40-50 anywhere else???

I feel my rig should be able to hand this easily…

How other games perform has no bearing on how WoW, or any other game, will perform. They all interact with the hardware differently.

I’d start with doing a full UI reset. This is entirely different from disabling your addons. Follow the steps on the page I’m about to link, and fire up WoW without putting any addons back. Just load WoW and see how it performs. If no difference, you can delete the new folders the game created and rename those folders back to their original names, and all of your addons and settings will be restored.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/article/7549

Going back quite a while, I had that same problem. Wasn’t getting the performance I thought I should’ve been. Trashed all my addons, relaunched WoW, and saw a massive improvement in performance.

If that does work, then you’ll have to go back and put your addons back one-by-one. I recommend downloading a fresh copy and re-configuring each one, that way you’re not putting the problem right back. Tedious? Absolutely. But it’s the only way to be sure you’ve got a good, clean, UI. It would also be a good time to re-evaluate the necessity of each addon. Do you really need each one still, or can one or more of them go away?

1 Like

Massive stutters with DF client - Support / Technical Support - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com) I will leave it at this, no need for you to post the usual bull that Blues does on forums.

1 Like

The “usual bull,” as you put it, fixes a lot of problems.

Though you might think so, everyone who is experiencing stuttering on DF is not having the same issue. You just think they are because you don’t have a wide enough scope of vision, and you’re probably frustrated by the issue - and then further frustrated by the constant triage attempts with a full UI reset, because you don’t understand how troubleshooting works.

Understandable. All of us are at different points in our lives, and not everyone knows what everyone else does.

https://www.google.com/search?q=define+triage :arrow_left: That’s what folks are doing when they suggest UI resets. It’s part and parcel of proper troubleshooting. It’s a first step, not an end-all-be-all, final declaration, puttin’-my-foot-down answer to the issue at hand. Just a step, and the first one at that.

So you have some sort of negative reaction in your brain when someone suggests a UI reset. That’d be a you issue… with no need to come in and offer your two cents in someone else’s thread when performing a UI reset can and does solve stuttering issues and framerate problems in many cases.

You all that are having the DF stuttering / DX12 issues don’t have a monopoly on every problem from every player, though many of you erroneously think you do. Further, many of you now read minds and through the miraculous power of remote computer repair, diagnose problems without even investigating any causes. A-freakin’-mazing, huh?

@OP, disregard the rabble and at least attempt the UI reset. Sarvelis obviously had good results doing one, I’ve personally had many problems fixed over the years with a UI reset, and having taken part in the Support forums here for over ten years, I’ve seen hundreds of people helped with a full UI reset.

1 Like

WoWs client optimization is garbage right now. DF released unfinished and untested as usual. They ignored all game performance feedback, pushed out the game and now here we are. You’re lucky to get 40.

In valdrakken I currently get around 20 with horrible stutter it’s almost unplayable.

Complete trash.

And don’t forget they raised the price this expansion. :rofl:

Enjoy beta testing if you stick around! If I don’t see any improvements for 10.0.5 I’m out.

2 Likes

FYI, Karoakin=ME. idk why it likes to change to my alts in the forums…

I did the UI resets. It feels like its something else entirely, but after I do the CACHE, INTERFACE, and WTF resets, all is fine. As soon as I play with the in game settings (IE, Config.wtf file), it goes to SH**.

So much, that I need to have a default original Config.wtf file on my desktop and I overwrite the one in my current WTF folder. This fixes it… sometimes.

It just doesn’t make sense. i thought it could be nVidias GeForce Experience overlay messing with this, but I don’t think it is, considering the folder fixes and resets that have such impacts on the main issue.

I’d highly recommend disabling all overlays - Steam, GeForce Experience, Xbox Game Bar (built into Windows), Discord… all of them.

A full UI reset does indeed include all three of those folders. Assuming the problem lingers with all overlays disabled…

Does it matter which setting you change? Try opening settings, change just one setting, and OK/Close the settings. If performance stays good, try one other setting, until you hit one that tanks it. If it’s ok with some setting changes and not others, which ones are ok and which are not?

1 Like

How does one turn off the GeForce overlay? it like its always on. Given, i only ever have utilzied the FPS counter @top left, but the overlay for me is always active.
Its not ONLY the fps counter turn off, is it?

i dont use anything else… not that im aware of.

I don’t install GeForce Experience, only the driver, so I’m not exactly sure how to disable it, but these look like some pretty good directions.

http s://www.digitalcitizen.life/turn-off-geforce-experience-in-game-overlay-alt-z/

Another thing I neglected to mention as another possible thing to try to correct the system is possible OS corruption. Doing all updates (especially the major ones, ex. 22H2) could help with that. If you want to be extra sure, and are so inclined, you could do a fresh OS install.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.