Is hunter worth playing right now?

I mostly play melee and wanted to try either Lock or Hunter, which one is better right now, TIA

Warlock. They have better numbers and utility.

2 Likes

Just about anything is better than hunters atm.

1 Like

I’ve been wondering that myself. BM Hunter is quite mobile and can dps on the move, but it’s like those positives don’t matter. I’ve looked at Warlock before (especially Demo), but in the past since Legion, the Voidwalker and Felguard seem to have lost a lot of their resilience.

What to do…

I’m still having fun with it. Get into a time 15s no prob. Damage and utility is good very stat dependent though

1 Like

Survival Hunter is a lot of fun in Arena.

BM Hunter is a getting some love there and in battlegrounds.

I don’t do PVE, so I can’t speak to that.

Really? cause Im a hunter and Im WAY better than you.

1 Like

Play a gnome

1 Like

If you have fun playing a certain class and/or spec - play it.

Those pushing high end stuff make an issue of it, not the normal players.

4 Likes

It’s a great class. They’re great in fights with a lot of movement which is just about all modem fights.

1 Like

Lock will get invites even at lower gear levels.

Ports, Summs, and cookies are that good.

Depends on what you’re looking for. I like my BM hunter. Warlock will probably have specs higher on the DPS charts if that’s what matters to you.

1 Like

As Austin Powers once said to Scott Evil, “You got to do it for yourself, baby.”

I mained Warlock for 12 years, mained Hunter for 5. Warlock got stupid easy to me, so I went over to something that was more engaging and testing. For newer players and rerollers I probably would recommend Warlock as this is the best I’ve seen of that class for all time. Hunter, on the other hand, is still dealing with something of an existential crisis.

3 Likes

only if you have a sick thematic name like Legolas or Drizz or my personal favorite Robotcop

If you like to die often and get declined from M+ and Raids sure.

Squishy class that does mid - table DPS = Hunter

1 Like

Personally, I find them more fun and more welcome in PVP than in PVE, and in that context, they’re very much viable right now.

I’ve seen competent and capable Survival and Marksman Hunters, but I prefer Beast Mastery for the mobility and for access to Exotic pets which have some abilities not available elsewhere.

That’s a load of crap right there. Hunters are fine.

2 Likes

15% across the board buff did wonders.

3 Likes

After the buff, lmfao. But EVEN THEN they barely rate a mid pack B.

They was fine before that for everyone not in a RWF progression guild. People covet those 99% parses as if they could do that themselves.

Yes if you are playing at peak vs other classes playing at 99% peak then it’s mid tier, even then I think that’s hogwash as Limit and Echo both had hunter at top of every dps meter in SoD.

People panic if they aren’t shown to be in top spot which is silly. 3 specs near the bottom represent bad play and low parses. It’s been PROVEN to be just fine.