Is fistweaving still the way to heal as MW

I’m possibly returning and I loved playing mw, but really turned off by fistweaving.

1 Like

You can play mw just fine, just go the upwelling talent at 50 instead of rising mist, then use the yulons whisper leggo instead of atotm. But if you are the only monk in your group still try and apply your monk debuff, it’s pretty important.

It’s suboptimal in every sense aside from personal preference.

1 Like

You can youll just be doing 50% less healing than monka fwing.

Ranged healing is also braindead boring.

2 Likes

there’s some situations where I won’t enter melee for Fistweaving, usually in mythic+ pugs on a very hazardous pull, and I can keep the group alive just fine from ranged.

Just because one has Ancient Teachings leggo and Rising Mist talent doesn’t mean they’re obliged to be fistweaving at all times, they’re just such powerful abilities. Especially with 4pc tier, which also synergizes with refreshing jade wind which works optimally in melee.

So basicallt just fistweave and stand in ranged when things get too hot, but ideally learn how to survive each encounter in melee

Disagree. I prefer the word relaxing! Mistweaving was what me originally fall in love with the class, and I don’t care for the windwalker playstyle so also don’t care (as much) for fistweaving, even though I do it because it’s optimal. If the devs came up with a competitive way to incorporate damaging from range like something similar to corrosive dosage, I’d be so happy.

2 Likes