Is Fistweaver Ever Coming Back?

Blizzard has said they want to move away from too much smart healing. Also…I mean you know you better than I know you…
but…

It sounds like you should just play WW?
If you don’t want to actually be concerned with peoples’ hp and status you probably shouldn’t be a healer. If you want to fistweave while magically keeping everyone alive you are just asking for a broken spec. Also…what are you weaving? If you’re saying you just want to hit things there’s no weaving going on. That’s just …fist…

I feel like you’re saying you want to be a full on no-fist weaving healer when the situation calls for it, but also be able to fistweave and do completely passive smart healing. Honestly, you can just mash ReM on CD without any mouseover. Just let it auto self-cast and you’ll end up bouncing a lot of them around (obviously you’ll sometimes double stack yourself to a 30-40s duration but if you aren’t willing to to make some effort to play optimally because it’s too stressful, you just have to take that side effect). Combined with rising mist this will effectively convert RSKs into direct pulses of healing + sustain your ReM healing. You can add in essence fonts too for more mouveoverless action smart healing.
If you’re saying that’s no good because it’s not viable for situations requiring actual healing, then I redirect you to the previous point: any healer that can be viable by doing a full dps rotation —with no GCDs spent on healing spells— is busted (unless they do reduced damaged and healing relative to other healers). Crane lets us do this as a CD but not a baseline state.

I’m all for increasing the viability of fistweaver, but that means addressing things like utility and relative balance, which it seems like you aren’t interested in considering. If my tone isn’t the friendliest, I think it’s because asking for things that are impossible detracts from constructive discussion about how to improve the spec. Talk of what makes a spec fun or viable still needs to be pragmatic if the goal is for changes to actually be made.

3 Likes

Disc is the ranged version and Paladin is the melee version. If playstyle is more important than class/feel of the monk, I would highly suggest going with one of those.

Not only has at least one Priest spec and Holy Paladin in general always been viable in every expansion, as opposed to the roller coaster of Mistweaver balance, they are just downright better at the “Fistweaving”/“Atonementweaving” styles in every conceivable way. With the RSK nerf in full effect even still and Way of The Crane becoming a cooldown that replaces the new one monks are getting (Invoke Yulon), fistweaving is basically gone. I mean way of the crane is probably better than yulon but anytime you are sacrificing something to get there, you are going two steps back and three steps forward instead of just taking a three steps forward talent.

But at the end of the day, play what you want: just if a melee healer that combines dps and heals equally is your thing, monk isn’t it.

low throughout… what ? we playing the same game ?

1 Like

errrr…
I think monk is it. The problem I’m seeing is that the OP wants to do enough healing to be considered a healer but doesn’t want to actually cast heals.

If anything, a fistweaver melee’s MORE than a glimmer paladin. The only issue was that Blizzard felt glimmer should be nerfed from SSSSSSSSSSSS+ tier to S tier while rising mist should be nerfed from SSSSSSSSSSSS++ tier to D tier.

1 Like

We’re getting WotC as a talent in SL which will help, but unfortunately, HPallies are better fistweavers than we ever were. I think they yoinked our niche.

Yes, Mistweaver has been the bottom healing spec in raiding ever since legion. It’s been good in Uldir when the other specs were a joke and fine in BoD, but it simply lagged behind as all the other specs progressively got buffed and scaled much better.

Okay! Here’s the deal people. Monks have pretty much been an awful healer since forever. We had 1 good tier and that was BRF. What I mean by “good” is that we actually had a tier of raiding where we weren’t last. If you don’t believe me than go look it up. Its the cold hard truth. :weary:

Next! We monks lost our uplift because paladin and disc priests wanted it. We will never get it back. The dev’s will not waste their time on a underrepresented class. It is what it is.

Last! If your going to play a monk you gotta play the monk because you love playing the monk. You will never be balanced with the other healers. If MW monk shows any sign of being the best healer we will receive a quick and harsh nerf. We are to be balanced in last when it comes to throughput healing because of the class representation. Next expac has no meaningful changes to monk that will help our healing problems. We are a bad Hpriest/Rdruid and will be left at that.

We were never good except in BRF. Tis life of a monk.

1 Like

From what I can tell Monk was in the top 10 for 10 of the HFC fights.

1 Like

You’re right, we had a few monks make it to the front page. Still a pathetic showing overall. Once again monks will never be great. Our best is “O hey look, a monk actually made it to the front page”. Even at that, uplift is gone and we won’t be getting it back. It was unique playstyle that worked well for WOD fights. To be fair, I don’t think uplift would even make us desired in the current game. I want monks to be the desired healer for once and blizzard wont let this happen. For example, right now people are saying we want a disc priest or a Hpally. When do we get that moment? Never! We won’t get this moment in the future as well because of our horrible throughput/raid CD. Some people will say throughput can be fixed which is correct, but why would you bring a monk that is healing for the same HPS as a pally? You wouldn’t because the pally has a reduce damage CD.

I think Blizzard should take away the pally reduce damage CD. The only class that should have raid wide reduce damage is disc priest. There is no way to compete with Hpally and Disc priest in current form. There is no reason Hpally should have this crazy OP raid CD along with amazing HPS. All the throughput healers should do more HPS if they keep the Reduce damage CD’s this OP.

We all know that Dpriest / Hpally /Rshaman will continue to be the most desired healer in SL due to their cd’s. M+ will probably change because of the AOE cap. We’ll need to wait for SL to determine M+ rankings. Rdruid will probably remain king but the other healers might move up.

1 Like

Would the recently datamined legendary effect help make a punchypunchy Healy monk more useful? Or just fluff?

spell=337172 ancient-teachings-of-the-monastery

Depends completely on tuning. With decent damage values then I think that will be a solid way to support Rising Mist builds in Raid. In M+ there is the issue of it being at odds with the fact that a lot of your filler dps is spent on Spinning Crane Kick (might be nice to allow it to heal too, at reduced effectiveness if need be).

It might fall into a dead zone where it doesn’t do enough passive healing to prevent you from casting in low damage periods and it doesn’t do enough to compete with full HPS legendaries. And then even if you want to fistweave it’s more effective to take a raw HPS legendary so that you can heal everyone up and get back to dpsing.

I’m hopeful for it though. Even if free healing is always a bit dangerous (because it often has to be weak to make up for the fact that it’s free) it shows Blizz is listening to the desire for fistweaving. Filling in the toolkit to the point of viability.

The playstyle surely is, but RSK was nerfed so hard that the difference between an RSK-weaving Monk’s healing and a at-range Essence Font built monk is about 20k HPS. Like, you can still fistweave, but being 20k behind the “correct” build, not to mention that’s pretty much 60k+ HPS less than Glimmerdin, it’s just a gimp to yourself to try that right now until it is buffed (if ever).

As it stands now, Fistweaving is weak enough to actually be a “healer’s fault i’m dead” and may get a person kicked. Not to mention, RSK build is sporadic and while it may be somewhat controlled, it is still much more random than Glimmerdin and was always more about padding than actually saving people’s lives. While the playstyle may be the same, the numbers just can’t justify it at this time, which is a sad reality.

But I’m also not psychic, maybe Blizzard can figure it out in SL, which is what the OP si really asking, I’m just equally as doubtful since Mistweaver is a rollercoaster of buff/nerfs every expansion with epic highs and insane lows as balance is seemingly non existant.

This new legendary power is incredibly bad. Do not get baited by this if you’re looking for fistweaving to get better.

It’s a general monk legendary. So either it actually becomes a mistweaver specific legendary so it can be good, or it stays a general legendary and remains awful.

And god Mop mw monk was great because of the smooth seamless transition from damage to healing. I fell in love forst time playing monk on release because of how fistweaving worked. Blizz killed it soon into mid mop and ive never played monk as much since then. I would main monk heals in a heartbeat if it ever returned as it was originally. It was fun. Now blowing hots on people so damage can heal those just feels bad compared to what was.

1 Like