Is FFXIV 5.0 A WoW Killer?

Like mmorpg.com?

When claims are made as fact in a debate sources must follow up with them. Otherwise itā€™s just hot air.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a WoW killer just like the previous 2 expansions were supposed to be.

That would be the one, but it was just an example of one place that provides statistics that opposed the other persons claims. As they provided no proof to back up the fact that WoW is ranked #1. Was curious which site they pulled it from.

I mean sure if I was the only one claiming that wow is above Final Fantasy. Which Iā€™m not. Soā€¦

Not a big surprise on a WoW forums lol.

You do know that site is nowhere near to accurate though, right?

Which one is? Or, should we do guesswork and look that up too?

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-mmos/ this puts wow before FF

1 Like

Itā€™s more accurate then someone just saying WoW is number 1 and waving the big number 1 finger around without any actual source to back it up.

1 Like

Anyone can just google it. I did and linked it for you

Final Fantasy released their numbers. WoW hasnā€™t for an expansion and a half. And personally I think part of the reason is because if they did it would start to create hype for the other MMOs if they started to close in on having more active subs.

And just to make sure Iā€™m clear, Iā€™m not claiming one side or the other. Iā€™m just saying that 1 side has information and the other has to do guess work.

4 Likes

Did you read that article? BTW its just list it first not sure if it shows a ranking. But they themselves are suggesting Final Fantasy over any other MMo if you read it.

3 Likes

Said article also released before the launch of Shadowbringers, which has been explosively positive.

maybe WoW should learn to cater to the perverted FFXIV fan boys with sexy bunny people.

Where?

I actually didnā€™t, but you claimed:

Anyways interesting debate, but I think I will peace out as I donā€™t really feel this topic is right for the WoW forums.

Yea, most people do if they have nothing to say. See ya

The people raving about FF sure do spend a lot of time perusing the WoW forums though.

8 Likes

Gotta pass the times for Titania EX somehow.

Edit, said queue popped. Bye