Is FFXIV 5.0 A WoW Killer?

You are wrong. Let’s say you see 10 people on your screen. With sharding, there could be more than 80 other people on your exact location from your server or other servers but you could only see 10.

Sharding helps when several people are on the same quests

Not at all, while WoW has an amazing story and world fleshed out since 25 years, FF 14 story seems really bland like straight up good vs evil ( warrior of light vs Ascian ) without much depth like a character like Sylvanas can have for example.

Gameplay wise, WoW combat is not great but FF 14 is even worse, slowest combat in all mmo’s out there.

As far as number of player goes, FF 14 might have WoW beat at this time but doesn’t change the fact the Square Enix is a despicable company towards its fans ( read the story of FF 15 being basically a piece of crap, them promising it to redo it and pulling the plug screwing all their fans in the process ) While Blizzard is an amazing company towards it fans usually giving more than they ask for.

Advantage : WoW

1 Like

In FF the old spells are replaced with updated and better versions with a different name as you level.

In WOW the old spells are replaced with updated and better versions with the same name as you level. There’s technically no difference except the old spells stay in your spell book for some reason in FF.

Id give it a 6/10. Solid attempt

1 Like

Debatable like they can play WoW and FF up til a certain level, but then comes realization at the end. I can assure with what FF gives it can grab players attention due to the story telling. WoW not so much because it’s dated and what it has to offer. I don’t even need to mention GW2 and ESO because those games got good press since it’s b2p though GW2 is ftp until you buy the expansions.

It’s all speculation from both of us tbh. WoW and FF could both bring in new players, who knows.

hahahahahahaha

no the wow devs are the wow killers.

1 Like

Nah this isn’t speculation. Players will ask what will WoW bring to the table. I maybe loyal to WoW, but I am not stuck in disbelief zone :laughing:

1 Like

NO :joy: :joy: :joy:

Every game that comes out has a chance and many of them are very good and fun to play and successful in that regard but so far all have failed to bring down wow but they continue to chip away so someday it may (or will) happen and now is probably the best opportunity for them.

I’ve played the weeb simulator and im a weeb. It got boring after a while.

I didn’t say I didn’t care about anything,
I just said that these redundant “FF14 RULZ WOW DROOLZ” posts are… redundant.

FF doesnt have the end game to kill wow. It has many great features, but raiding/PvP are not them, so there will always be a large playerbase who will avoid it based on those shortcomings alone

Its pretty, the characters are very anime inspired. Its combat is really slow. Community is decent. Its more of a transmog/collectors/leveling game than anything

I like you transmog, we can fight on the same side XD

1 Like

I’d strongly advise going through the Shadowbringers MSQ. It’s being considered one of the best entries the series has had in over a decade, and I don’t really disagree.

I mostly just feel bad for the diehard tribalists, on both sides of the fence.

2 Likes

Ask again in a month when everyone’s playing Classic.

As others have said, every game that’s appeared has always been termed ‘a WOW killer’, but has never had the active subscribers to match it… now, competition is good, as it breeds quality, and players of both games benefit from that over time.

Lol. Classic will be done and over with in a month when people realize it’s not hard or fun.

1 Like

You mean the story that sets up the foundation for the entire game?

1 Like

Ever year there’s a new world of warcraft killer :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like