Is FFXIV 5.0 A WoW Killer?

Pretty much every demon hunter skill.

The hunters basilisk pvp talent
The hunters hawk pvp talent.

A chunk of the new survival skills (i know a lot used to exist bacl in wotlk/cata)

I think stellar flare was added post wod

Rolling the bones

Pistol shot

Run through

Gloomblade

Pretty sure thats at least 10 examples of abilities being added. I could go on, but am not in the mood.

Gosh why in this case can’t we have cake and eat it too! Let’s enjoy both games for the reasons that make them good while be conscious of the reasons that make them bad at points.

Also FF14 is half way through its 10 year lifetime since the reboot of ARR. So we still have a lot of it to go, much can happen in the span of 5 years. I still hope both games are around by then.

An anime MMO, no matter how good gameplay-wise, is unlikely to have the same amount of different audiences/demographics enough to be considered as a replacement for something that hit as hard as WoW.

But anyway, like this person said:

I’m so old that I can remember when we just played games we enjoyed without first doing detailed market analysis to make certain that we were enjoying the statistically correct ones.

FF is an excellent game but IMO no other game will kill WoW but WoW. This expansion is proof that they don’t need outside help in this matter.

I finished the story and my desire to play FFXIV is already dying. The endgame gearing process just isn’t enjoyable to me there. Also, alt classes are unbearable to level and the alternative – making actual alt characters – forces you to drudge through the entire mandatory story again, which takes ages. Even if you level via dungeons or whatever, you’d have to go finish the whole thing.

No it’s not so…

Wow is the current king that implimented some policy thqt is not going over well with the people. FF14 is the benign gentle queen that is beloved. EQ is the old retired king that was upsurped by WoW and only his most die hard loyalist still stand with him.

Rift, SWtoe, and ESo are all other kingdom that has been defeated by Wow and lost the majority of their powers. They are still around but barely holding on.

Wildstar was formed by a rebels from the Wow kingdom and was crushed completely for it. Their castles are destroy and their farm land salted. They are no longer on the map.

Unfortunate, because Wildstar was honestly a good game. Literally the only reason I didn’t stay subbed was because I was approaching endgame, was still raiding in WoW, and wasn’t willing to raid in 2 MMOs at the same time.

But the game failed to be friendly to the super casual players, and their failure to correct course in a timely manner sealed it’s death long before it actually died.

rofl

Look guys!! Look!!! I got new boyfriend!! I’m soo happy!!! Look at me!!!

Wait… where are you going? Wait no come back!! Aren’t you jealous?? Don’t you want me back now??

cringe

2 Likes

A lot of these bandwagon players are going to realize this. Is the story enjoyable? Absolutely! Is there much endgame? Absolutely not. The end game gear grind is boring/gated. And such a great game…lagging for days in 2019.

1 Like

Maybe it is since most of my guild is gone off playing final fantasy . Hopefully they’ll be back in 9.0

1 Like

This is such an apt description.
If FF is so great, go play it.
Don’t spend your time flaming people on the WOW forums about how much better some other game is.
You are seeking out a particular audience on purpose just to rile people up and feel some sort of unearned superiority regarding your new game of choice.

I see way more so-called FF14 affectionatos bringing up the subject on these forums than WOW players trying to bash it.

You simply come across as a scorned lover needing validation.

1 Like

I think the WoW community has been very hospitable to all the recent FF posts. I play FF14 but cant log in to the forum, and I’ve tried multiple times. I think it’d be interesting to post a pro WoW topic and see if the community would be as tolerant.

1 Like

SWTOR died because of an internal struggle within the actual design house. If you notice the design flow of the game changed. That’s when the Bungie team was moved out for the fail and inept Mythic Entertainment crews took over and wrecked the game.

SWTOR had great promise to be a terrific MMO. Sadly the ineptness of EA and their idiot decision to place Terribad Mythic Entertainment people into SWTOR killed the game and the potential it had.

I deleted my characters, closed my account and told EA they were idiots I was so disillusioned with what they did to SWTOR.

They would be tolerant but you’d be mocked severely on their forums for the post. Wow right now isn’t in a good place. BFA is on par with being as bad in reputation as WoD.

In short you’d be severely laughed at. FF14 has a LOT of former Warcraft Players playing it and the community has been very welcoming to EX-Warcraft players to be honest. Far more so than I can say our own community currently would be welcoming, if the situation was reversed I feel.

2 Likes

New players are playing ftp games, not so much games like wow and ff.

FFXIV would be a lot better if the MSQ wasn’t 100+ hours of forced un skippable (without paying) story content. Also the 2.5s GCD is awful.

2 Likes

FF is an ok game. I personally can not really get into it. As a single player RPG I loved the spells. Going from Fire that could only target 1 enemy in the original game to Fire 2 that targeted everything felt like a huge upgrade. That said I think from an MMO perspective having spells that change and ultimately are no longer used feels bad. WoW adds new spells that you add to your rotation as you level while never really going away from the initial spell you start with. In FF you abandon the earlier spells for later spells which is normal from a single player RPG perspective but not so normal in an MMO.

FF is a good game in its own right but unfortunately to me and many others it is still just not that great of a MMO. I think if Blizzard took WoW and put it with the FF game engine for graphics and spell effects it would kill a lot of the player base of FF since i repeatedly hear from people and read on the forums that the graphics are 1 of the best qualities of FF. To its credit however the community I also hear is good which can not be said of WoW.

1 Like

No ty tryed it didn’t like it probably won’t go back inless my real life brother goes there one day.

1 Like

you just took time out of your life to respond to something you don’t care about.

do you know the definition of irony or will you just confuse it with hypocrisy?