Is feral really as bad as people say?

You gave bad advice. I corrected you.

You’re welcome.

Go away, you’re just being rude and giving your own version of absolute advice (advice that certainly doesn’t come from experiencing the content at a high level)

3 Likes

No problem.

I’ll leave it up to new aspiring Ferals to choose between:

1. the opinion of a player with low score that mostly plays resto (and is extremely rude and condescending) + the logs of one high-end feral who fits their narrative
  2. conventional wisdom, math, and most logs

Their choice.

4 Likes

Your words. 100% false.

I’m not dealing in absolutes. I’m not the one who said “NEVER”. If you don’t want to listen to sound advice because your feelings got hurt, that’s your problem.

Not only do these 2 statements completely contradict each other. There’s also this:

Stop owning yourself, dude. Anyways…

If you want to play Predator+MoC in 10s or lower because you find it more fun and you find it competitive, that’s fine. I don’t have a problem with that. Knock yourself out.

But don’t try to make the argument that it’s the better pick, especially when you are gimping Feral’s biggest reason of being brought to Mythic+ in the first place. There are much more meaningful classes to bring to pad the AoE meters. And yes, dropping Sabretooth is a massive single/priority target loss - trying to dispute that just shows your ignorance.

4 Likes

You got any math, logs, sims to back that statement?

I’m not saying sabertooth isn’t the best. Not once in this thread or any other thread have I said that sabertooth isn’t that best for ST.

Youre having an argument with yourself in your head.

Predator is a viable option. Telling newcomers to the spec to “NEVER” use it is a far greater crime than me hurting your feelings.

Get well soon.

1 Like

But saying people ride the “short bus” for using Brutal Slash is okay? You are a bundle of hypocritical joy that keeps on giving.

We are both arguing from the stance of what is optimal. You can technically play whatever talent set you want depending on the level you’re doing, who you’re with, and what you enjoy. I didn’t think that needed to be stated, but apparently so.

So… sure… predator is “viable” (but if you wanted to just be a gimpy rogue, why wouldn’t people just bring rogues?), but Sabertooth is the optimal choice which gives Feral a strength that makes it actually somewhat desirable. Happy now?

3 Likes

For people who use brutal slash? No. Its a solid choice for many raid encounters.
For people who use Brutal slash in a mythic+? Yes.

I see that I chose the wrong word, and that you are twisting its meaning to suit your narrative. Predator it not only a viable spec, Its a competitive one. Depending on the affix, comp, player and gear, it can often times be the best option for M+. I have proven this with all the ''conventional wisdom, math, and logs" I can throw at you. (in other threads)

You, on the other hand, havent provided any proof to back your statements.

If you want to come at me and attack my character and how I treat others, by all means, youre more than welcome too. You would be correct in doing so.

How I treat others doesn’t disqualify my experience or change facts, unfortunately. (while I was killing heroic lich king and heroic deathwing, you werent even playing the game) I know its 2019, and being offended is a thing, but believe me when I say that I dont care. You’re just gonna have to grow up and deal with the cold hard truth.

Theres no shame in admitting you are wrong.

I’m a little perplexed. Do you have another Druid, Tical? Seems odd to be talking about competitive specs when you’re 383 ilvl?

I wouldn’t think you’re very experienced in M+ currently at that ilvl. I can’t even get into groups as Feral at 415 ilvl. Lol

Not meant to be offensive, I am just confused by all the arguments in here. People be getting mad over silly things.

2 Likes

I wish we’de all relax… I’m barley breaking 1kio but I can see some merit in takin pred during certain weeks, last weeks sanguine was a pretty good time I found and actually swapped over as mobs tended to die in sequential order (least in my good groups did, looking at you groups who wiped people in AD cause you love hitting the birds, STOP HITTING THE BIRDS!)

Your detective skills are on point!

Notice my amazing gear, like the Shard of the Fallen Star!
I picked that up in aq40 yesterday, was playing with it, forgot to unequip.

If you had scrolled down just a tinny bit further you could have seen my m+ runs.

Im actually 406 right now if you wanted to know. (should be reset now)

lmao!

Pretty sure it still stands.

1 Like

hey drez!, hows your day goin so far?

To answer your question though, I have 3 druids.

Sabertooth + Bloodtalons is the better choose for single target, But I’d still keep Bloodtalons over MoC for multi target.

Remember, once you apply Rip with Bloodtalons, you can forget about it, if you add time using bite, it keeps the Bloodtalons damage. Then you only need to worry about Rake.

I can’t remember if it keeps the Tigers Fury damage, can someone confirm?
But I know it keeps the Bloodtalons damage.

I was on my phone. -shrug-

I did see your M+ runs but, most of your runs are in healer spec and the highest you’ve done is a +11. So, I am still not sure how that makes one person’s opinion on talents the one and only way. I’ve done a few M+ previously with BrS because I just don’t give a damn. If the targets are up long enough, you can tab target and apply bleeds & do a fair amount of damage without sacrificing your single target dps.

Just saying there is really no need for a dick-waving contest here. There is more than one way to play Feral and that’s okay. Don’t need to say people are on the ‘short bus’ for choosing a talent you don’t like using for certain content.

3 Likes

I never said predator was the one and only way.

However, people such as Nuisense and Ryecoke who said Sabertooth is the one and only way.

^ see.

This doesnt hold any truth at all. I have proven this, and its not just me. Youre all focued on my experience, when I have pointed out numerous top lvl ferals who play with predator.

Yes… exactly what Im saying.

That being said… brutal slash sucks. I hate it.
Primal wrath 4 life!

You’re bragging about being a wrath baby? I’ve been playing since open beta… what are you even talking about? You could’ve done 2 seconds of research to find that out - just like you could do to see whether or not Sabertooth is the optimal choice for mythic+.

The only thing I’m “offended” by is how hypocritical and utterly arrogant you’ve been in this thread. It’s quite sad.

But anyways, Go ask in the Dreamgrove (assuming you know what that is) what they think of Pred vs SbT.

1 Like

Who said anything about being a wrath baby? I said I was clearing end game content, emphasis on lich king and cata as those were my stronger years.

You barely have any achievements from those years so I assumed you werent playing. You’re right though. Upon closer inspection, it tuns out you were playing. While I was killing Heroic lich king you were still in naxx. When I killed Heroic Deathwing, you killed him 4 days later for the first time on regular.

Iv been playing feral since vanilla and Im amazing at it!

I took a 6 year break, started a family and forgot about the game entirely. I decided to come back for BFA and dabble in a few dungeons from time to time.

Bewteen raising two kids, working out of town all week, and bulding a new house, I still manage to bang out a few 10’s as a casual, retired raider.

How is it that a guy who took a 6 year break has a better grasp on the class than you?

Stop giving bad advice.

You’re seriously trying to compare Wrath experience? I didn’t main Druid in Wrath, nor was I hardcore raiding at the time… so congrats? Stroke that e-peen. If you want a meaningful comparison, current content is the only thing relevant to the discussion at hand - and yours is severely lacking. I have no idea what Feral or gameplay from Wrath has to do with anything. Though, I think neither is really that relevant.

Umm yeah me too… and apparently much more than you as you just admitted. But again, completely anecdotal and irrelevant.

But you don’t. You just think you do. And that’s the problem.

Again, go ask Dreamgrove (or look at the multiple pins on the topic - I just checked… they are there) instead of using “your own experiences” or looking at the log of ONE Feral Druid out of many that used Predator to pad (ignoring the fact that referencing logs for Mythic+ is silly anyway.)

1 Like

You made an attempt to discredit my experience. I have more endgame experience than you do even with the 6 year break I took. Pretty straight forward.

Never did I compare that content to bfa.

Just more augments youre having in your head. You should be charging me rent for all that time I’m in your head!