Is feral really as bad as people say?

Remember when they called me the troll? Ironic.

4 Likes

Well there is a reason, Sabertooth + Bloodtalons is the majority used build.
With Predator and Primal Wrath being switched in for lots of multi-target.
But you pretty much always keep Bloodtalons.

Moment of Clarity is know as the ā€œEasy Modeā€ build on Ivy-Veins, and even that uses Sabertooth.

1 Like

Youā€™re confusing ā€œmajority used buildā€ as meaning that anything else is wrong.

Baa baa black sheep, have you any wool?

Iā€™m not saying its wrong, Iā€™m just saying it will do more damage.

Bloodtalons straight up makes your bleeds do more damage for their FULL durationā€¦ Combine that with Tigerā€™s Fury and it adds up.

1 Like

Will it though?

Yes, yes it will. And it has already been proven.

Regrowth before the pull, pop Tigerā€™s Fury then Stealth.
Rake then rip, build combo points then bite.

You have now applied your bleeds with maximum damage per tick, and added full time to Rip. Now just maintain Rake with Bloodtalons and Tigerā€™s Fury when you can, and just bite, as it will add time to Rip while keeping its extra damage.

1 Like

Yes, we all know how Bloodtalons works.
But what you have just described here is Single Target. You canā€™t see the forest for the trees.

Lets back up again.

Notice I highlighted it for you.

The meta for mythic is AOE, not ST.

Then switch out Sabertooth for Predator, but you still want to keep Bloodtalons.

Bloodtalons will apply to all targets hit by Primal Wrath.

1 Like

Yes, BT can buff primal wrath, and MoC Will buff a clearcasted thrash/swipe/shred by 15% and cost 0 energy.

They each have their advantage.

The issue with using predator with Bloodtalons however, is global coodowns.
Predator removes one hand tied behind our back by supplying us with more energy than we can possibly use before another proc. The only thing stopping us now is the GCD, and There is simply no room in the rotation for regrowth casts without gimping our damage. Yes, you buffed PW by 25%, but it took you 2 globals to do it, at the expense of another swipe and combo points.

Even the argument of PW rips being buffed by BT is absurd. Youre going to cast PW again in 3-4 globals becuase of its instant damage component. ( its basically a free swipe due to sotf). Its going to re apply rip, overwritting the BT buffed damage. Because of this, in order to fully take advantage of BT you need to cast regrowth before every PW.

Casting regrowth every 4-5 seconds on AOE packs isnt a play-style I want any part of, not to mention a massive damage loss. Taking BT with Pred would only be useful on boss fights, making BT useless for a better part of the run. MoC is the better choice with pred. Even if you want to label it ā€œEZ modeā€.

2 Likes

Hey Tical, I actually agree with you on something =)

If youā€™re gonna run Predator, it should be with MoC.

2 Likes

https://imgur.com/gallery/LNtElui

1 Like

Idk. I stay outta the Pred vs Saber ā€˜debateā€™ cause i dont care for what others take but BT vs moc I dont think makes much of a difference whether its st or aoe. I personally pref BT as a personal reminder to use pred procs without waste as the healing goes a decent length if casts are used to actually heal instead of overhealin urself but bt vs moc is just a choice of do you hate pressing rejuv enough to skip on it. hell on my last 13 ML the healer flat out stated a saved us a wipe since I crit her for 53k

Completely agree. Even though I do use BT it is extremely annoying to have to cast regrowth every 3 globals just to buff my next PW, which is probably already ticking for the increased damage anyways. Sometimes I donā€™t even have time for the regrowth because Iā€™m about to cap on energy so I just ignore it.

I mentioned this before but it would be nice if PW did extra damage against targets already effected by Rip with a duration of 6+ seconds instead of renewing it.

You probably already do this but just to make sure, if you just casted ur TF BT PW its a pretty safe bet with ~3-4+ targets alive, all of which you know will stay alive for the next min 6 seconds (so start of a large pack or reapin or w.e) you can always fit close to 2 BT Bites on someone over refresshing PW. If you run saber mabybe prioritize one last TF BT PW before the TF falls off. I think youd need something like 30 enemies to press BT PW over Bite.

I typically just spam thrash-swipe-primal wrath on reaping packs, I think primal wrath does 5k instant damage per target so at 6 targets thats looking at around the same damage as a FB.

lol I get the temptation to just go braindead rotations but u mite be losin out on alotta dps. you can think of reaping enemies as just cp dumps for FB. Just a suggestion you can hit like 100k durin reapin relativley consistantly

Iā€™ll have to give it a try, it seems like it would be a dps loss to FB at that many targets though.

It actually depends on your comp. For example this week is Tyrannical.

I ran with a Rogue, Warrior dps & warrior tank. They told me to go full single target dps. I was still able to keep up on AoE pulls because I was doing 17-18 keys and stuff stays up long enough that I can get all my bleeds up and tab bite to refresh my rip.

I was top on every single boss, which was way more important than adds at that key level on a Tyrannical week.

Both AoE & ST specs are important depending on what week it is and who youā€™re running with. Itā€™s not one or the other.

4 Likes

I agree, but would add that there a plethora of specs who do AoE as good or better than us, and very few who do ST better. Thatā€™s why generally you should play to your strengths - especially at higher levels.

But if your comp lacks AoE, go for it lol.

1 Like

This is to Sajitarius. What you are saying makes no sense in the context I described. You are looking at it backwards. Pooling is building up energy beyond the base cost of FB to do more dmg. The more you are pooling for big bites the greater the potential to reduce the number of shreds over the course of a fight.