Is feral really as bad as people say?

It is mostly irrelevant because predator is an awesome talent and you should be using regardless of what lvl of content you’re in.

Lots of fun!
Give it a go.
Never say never!
Sweet dreams!

Ps. H- Lich king was no joke! Those shambler one shots. Ugh… Good times!

We got Saifu levels of trolling going on in here!

So much noise in this thread… Can we all agree everyone’s Johnson is as big as everyone else’s?

Wildheart, I didn’t mean to be insulting. IIRC, the spirit of what I was trying to say is that I have the xoerience of my words. I’m not hypothesizing.

Sajitarius - I love the effort you put in and appreciate it. Question for you, with FB being top dmg, sounds like you are pooling for your FBs. Have you tried not pooling and squeezing in more shreds? Are you building 5 true combo points each finisher or just hitting 4x shreds and a finisher?

Shred is my top dmg with the setup I use and makes for a fun playstyle. Also, what were your numbers on the AOE dummies?

I can second the experience that so many of the talents are closer than people think. It is one of the reasons it irks me when people come down on one side or the other. In the the end, it is really about which build YOU can get th most out of and not what everyone else is doing. We don’t all play the same and what works for some simply won’t work for others. I’ll bet there are people reading this thread right now that don’t know what I mean about pooling. Case in point. It doesn’t make them bad, it just means they play differently and their results may vary.

Pooling won’t reduce the number of shreds with 3x wild fleshrending / 3x jungle fury. It might with the trait that has a chance of combo points on rake damage… only traits that change the energy or combo point generation in some way. If not one of those, the same energy is used regardless, and the point of pooling is the timing of when it is used.

It also doesn’t change much, it’s pretty specific. Pooling with MoC, 3x wild flesh rending is when sitting at 5 combo points + no tiger’s fury coming up + and thrash falling off + less than two stacks of the free cast. After using the bite, use thrash, then shreds. It just tries to maximize the number of shreds used per use of thrash, since thrash is technically waste of the energy itself (really low damage). The wild fleshrending damage is so high with 3x that wasting a free-cast +15% damage on a thrash is worth it over using a non-WF-buffed shred.

With blood talons you can do something similar, try to maximize the energy used per-thrash cast, thus minimize the number of thrash casts per fight.

Pooling was much more of a thing back in early legion with ashmane’s rip. It was actually a significant damage boost over a 5+ minute fight to pool energy to get the max number of combo-point building attacks in just after using rip to maximize the chance of a long ashmanes rip.

The dummies for AOE aren’t a real good measure because of the predator effect. They don’t die, so no resets. I also dunno… it’s been awhile, heh.

EDIT:
Since you’re not a coward like me and actually post on your real character, I was able to took at logs a bit: I notice that there are often shreds beyond 5 combo points or using non-5-CP ferocious bites. I think that lowers the damage of bite quite a bit. I tend to always bite as soon as 5 CP comes up and never under 5CP unless specifically to refresh a rip that’s about to fall off with sabertooth.

Pooling will most certainly reduce th number of shreds. Every second you are pooling for a bigger bite you are missing out on shreds, good or bad…

pooling means waiting to use energy, not wasting energy. If you use shred with 35 energy, or wait 4 more seconds and use it when you have 95 energy, you’ve wasted no energy, and will still get the same number of shreds.

3 Likes

Can we just stop the literal cat fighting? We’re the red headed step child of wow and need to continue to help each other rather than scald each other. Opinions are opinions.

To the OP, no ferals are not as bad. The launch of bfa was awful for us, but now we’re in a better place.

Meow :smiley_cat:

1 Like
1 Like

I’m sorry but Sabertooth is the more fun, and just better talent, unless you are fighting a lot of multi-targets, leveling or doing world content.

But the fact that while using Sabertooth you can just forget about Rip and focus on other aspects of your rotation is just too good to pass up.

1 Like

Honestly I just wish Sabertooth wasn’t pulled to that talent row so I could continue using Lunar Inspiration, that made the spec super fun in Antorus. It just can’t compete with the other two talents. :frowning:

2 Likes

The problem with Feral is Balance exists. Its ranged, more utility, and more damage. Pretty much outclasses Feral in everything atm. Of course all they would have to do is give Feral some Unique and good utility and they will be in a much better spot.

But we can stampeding roar! Checkmate, bompkins.

1 Like

This is… wrong. It’s literally the textbook Feral example of how people misplay the class and perceive it to be difficult.

Other classes are limited by how many GCDs they get to spend in a fight. Ferals are limited by how much energy they get to spend over the course of the fight. If they cast 70 shreds that will still be 70 shreds worth of energy whether they space them all out or cast all 70 on the GCD for the first 2 minutes of the fight.

I suppose sure, if you pool to get 50 energy Bites then you’ll cast fewer Shreds than if you just always cast Bite as soon as it’s available at 25 energy. You could do that, but it would be a horrible misplay as the extra damage from the Bites outpaces the damage done by the extra Shreds by miles.

2 Likes

So like… in a dungeon perhaps?

What is more important, the boss or the trash?

Yes.

(post needs to be 10 chars)

You can’t just say yes… its one or the other.

1 Like

Says who??

You can only have one of the talents, what do you think is more important, AOE for the trash, or the higher single target for the boss?

1 Like

Pretty sure the requirements for completing a Mythic + is killing all bosses and 100% enemy forces.

I dont remember ever having to choose one or the other.