Is everyone just going back to TBC classic?

I feel like come the 27th SoM is definitely going to need to be fully merged into 2 servers. SoM feels like a major flop and should have just been a fresh classic server. I don’t think investing time into characters any longer on these servers will be worth it.

People already felt pressured to reroll Jom, and you haven’t done anything about it.

This was all mishandled, poorly.

6 Likes

xp is to low
pvp grind is way way to long.
meme specs didn’t get any changes
no pvp progression for weapons

TONS of stuff they could do for SOM but didnt

8 Likes

#changesbutlikenochangeswtflolbbq

1 Like

It’s like they started to try with changes like elimnating mage boosting, combating bot strategies… then just gave up, said “alright that’s enough”, slapped an experience boost on quests and called it a day?..

2 Likes

already did

would return once i get more time + they merge servers but we all know that won’t happen

gg blizz

12 month server
Henious consume usage in pve for no reason and same gear
6 week rank
No good gold farms
Economy already severely damaged

People quitting before bwl even out. Can’t change the game the way people think it can be changed, bottom line

5 Likes

the only thing 12-month server means to me is that i won’t be collecting entire tier sets.

other than that, it’s raiding as usual.

2 Likes

Makes for a less than stellar experience for a lot of people. Especially if you don’t play a lot

the SOM target audience is probably retail players on a semi-break from retail. it’s also probably a giant beta test for things, where we’re the rats in the maze…

1 Like

A junior software engineer could have cooked up SOM in less than a weeks time as a side project. The majority of the changes they made are simple database and server script edits. The only part that may take a few hours is adding new spells and scripting them in the new boss mechanics. But even most of them are very elementary, add a new spell, make boss cast spell at this interval.

2 Likes

maybe if blizzard hasn’t rushed it people would have played more

I doubt it. Maybe Jom tryhards but my impression of Shadowstrikers thus far is that we genuinely enjoy playing this game and playing with each other.

4 Likes

Shadowstrike best server

5 Likes

here’s the neat part, they never left. SoM was dead on arrival. People just logged in to mess around with vanilla leveling again for a bit, that’s it. Nothing serious.

2 Likes

For alliance.

I juat dinged 32 without dying. I still have plenty to do in SoM.

1 Like

Long raid lockouts (same as Classic Era) despite being an accelerated server makes absolutely zero sense. The servers literally will no longer exist in 10 months and yet most of that will be logged out because there is no raiding to do due to long lockouts.

Along with the numerous other issues that have already been mentioned in this thread. SoM was rushed, and with no real clear roadmap on how it should be properly done. They rushed it, winged it, and at best it was a foul ball.

I’m farming for a few days to collect some gold for consumes then I’m raid logging my warlock on SOM and returning to TBC / rerolling horde in a shy hope I can catch up.

Also leveling characters on TBC-C.

Well, SoM I don’t think it’s been a total flop. It for sure could have been better though. I’m still having fun with it. There are still plenty of people playing but more on the mega servers now, and I’m not saying that’s good.

TBCC I never left, I’ve been raid logging the whole time. I came over to SoM with a full years worth of TBCC consumes and gold for two characters as this was not hard to get at all. I’ve also got 2 horde 70s and 2 ally 70s. I don’t need to do anything but raid log and it pretty much doesn’t make a difference playing 3 hours or 80 hours a week, if you play 80 hours a week you just get more stuff that you don’t really need on more characters. Sadly I didn’t find the TBCC PVP as fun as I hoped and also find most of the servers left (99% “PVP” servers etc) to be just boring. So I’ll probably not be going back to that for many more hours than I am now.

Regardless SoM was a finite game for me so when I get tired of it I may just not play WoW that much anymore or may just take a break.

2 Likes

I’ll be playing elden ring and tw3 when those come out and just doing wsg wg on som. Wraths future will also be the same as tbc. Not looking good for the classics

1 Like