Is "Elitism" getting out of hand in WoW?

No question marks in either post. So I think I’m about done with this. You made a claim a week ago and aren’t interested in backing it up at all. You want to run around claiming people got carried but don’t have anything yourself. If you’re only interested in making callouts like that and then backpeddling then I think we’re done here.

If the next thing in your post isn’t a direct thing you wish for me to prove, then your point of view fades into thin air.

How do you make friends specifically that will get you into the type of content you want to do though?

I know how to chat up random people but that’s about it.

Most people who develop connections and ties to me do so by joining the guild I’m in or by pugging into a guild run. I don’t really understand this “random stranger pugs = community” idea, that’s not where I learned as a new player and that’s not where I go to pay it forward as an old player.

With both this and your “punch my neighbor in the face” example, you’re talking about things people are actively doing to someone else. It doesn’t cost me anything to not punch my neighbor in the face, it doesn’t cost me anything to not be racist. On the other hand, committing my free time to running teaching/carry groups costs, well, my time. Time, effort, frustration depending on how tired I am. There’s a difference between “don’t do things that hurt others” and “actively spend your time helping others.”

Tbh if someone wants to require a 410 ilvl aotc to do a normal raid boss, I really couldn’t care less. If you don’t meet the requirements find another group that you do or like I’ve said make your own.

I don’t play with them. Clearly I’m asking the question not insinuating that this is specifically happening to me. Good players play with other good players to increase the risk for success, I get that. But to be toxic about it is problematic.

Whatever make you feel special bro. Next time put more then two sentences in there and not cheery pick a entire conversation.

Theres a solution to that. People can make their own groups at all skill levels of the game.

If you have the ability to play with better players, do it.

Sounds like they need to talk to other players and start making groups to do content.

Moon Guard is aweful to do anything above Normal Raiding on. There just isn’t much of a raiding community here, the interest of the players is focused on other aspects of the game.

I’d suggest they join a multi-server guild (Ruin comes to mind) so they can pull groups of interested players from across multiple servers.

A more permannent solution would be to server transfer to a more populated/non-RP server if they want to do higher content.

I’d say join a guild would be priority one for me, look at wowprogress and see if people actively do the content you’re looking for. Some casual guilds that are big will have active members that are interested in helping new players.
Make your own group with your key and push it as high as you can, befriend those that are close/near your skill level and push with them.

How are players playing in groups they want to play in ‘toxic’?

I’m not understanding where this accusation of toxic or socially destructive behavior is coming from. Maybe it’s back in the thread but I read the OP, the first ~5 replies, and the last ~10 replies to see where the conversation was.

Am I missing something or does it just need expounded on?

Then you stopped posting. Do you forget your past conversations? Anyways. I’m done here. Guess it’s just an empty point.

Yup looks like it proved my point.

That it was empty. Thanks for the laughs :joy::joy::joy:

Heres your feel good Badge for today: :+1::+1::+1:

The one thing I don’t understand is when most people think they need to be doing mythic content but lack the time/skill to do so. If you’re only good enough to push 10s and only play for an hr a day or even each week then do those, better your self and when you’re ready try to push into higher end content.
I feel like a lot of people overreach in a lot of these cases. Just because there’s a mythic difficulty in raid doesn’t mean you have to skyrocket past lfr/norm/heroic to get there. Go at your own pace.

1 Like

Ahahhahaa keep the bait going.

That made me laugh tbh but it’s not far from the truth either at least on the hardcore end. But the same could be said the other way around. My question though is if you lack the time/skill to do higher end content why push for it. I mean you don’t need 425 gear to do wq/warfronts/islands, lfr/norm/heroic raid. Mythic raid requires higher end gear I agree but all it does is give you more of an error margin between boss timers/phases.

You could argue there’s no gear progression because of world quests/warfronts etc. when you basically skip lfr/normal/heroic raid content with those. That’s blizzards fault for the availability and the lack of effort/time spent into gearing.

1 Like

then don’t. like i said, i don’t watch them either; i prefer learning thru trial and error because those videos never go the same way your raid will…

This said elitist behavior is less here than with the crowd of in your face FPS. That environment is so toxic. I came to single player RPGs and MMOs so that I can always slow my role to some PVE, RP or just plain wandering the world.

Those people on the high end of the game are playing 1% of the game and attract like minded no life tryhards.

Sorry Jack, I work at my job not in WoW.

1 Like

So much this.

Playing higher content requires either more time or more skill investment. If you don’t have the skill or the time, you probably don’t need to be doing the M+/raids/whatever.

1 Like

I don’t consider watching anything that can be read on the dungeon journal to be ‘spoilers’, personally. But yeah, I also prefer trial and error.

3 Likes