Is "Elitism" getting out of hand in WoW?

Love how you people who are so insecure that need feel good armor and badges to prove you good at a video game. Then resort to name calling and false statements about someone you don’t even know except from a forum. Must of struck a nerve.

^ You see he’s ignoring me now. He can’t even make proper callouts

What, your IO score?

1 Like

good point…In my opinion Vanilla was rife with cancerous people it almost made the game unbearable.

but can you prove it  

5 Likes

But will it blend…

What exactly do we mean by ‘Elitism’?

I’ve been playing this game for a while, I know exactly how to do some things in ways that newer/less practiced players don’t.

Am I being an ‘Elitist’ by telling a non-BoA’d level 15 character that they shouldn’t be questing as Holy? What about the characters that aren’t using a spell from their list becuase they don’t like it’s particle effect?

What exactly is the line here between helping and being an Elitist?

I’m bored with you, I have said 3 times prove what you are going to prove. Mythic god, PVP God ,prove what you want to prove. No one dodging you keep saying being ignored. Prove it. Prove your so good at the game that you deserve special feel good armor. With or without a carry.

I think I explained it a while back. When I referred to elitism, I’m referring to individuals with gear and skill sets that are “elite” in the game but yet their attitude comes across as harsh, conceited, condescending to the point where they believe that anyone not of their caliber is not good enough to play with them.

Never once have I stated that I feel the need to deserve special armor. I see you’re just dodging and attempting to swing this in the favor of me trying to prove myself to you by never stating what you want me to prove. You don’t seem to be reading anything that I’m saying so I’ll lay this out clear for you in bold italicized text and everything. Ahem…

TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT ME TO PROVE SPECIFICALLY

You claimed I got carried. Back up what you said by telling me what I got carried in.

I mean it’s completely valid for the best to play with the best but if they are actually grouping with randoms and being condescending that way, it’s just being toxic.

I don’t see how a true elitist would group with randoms in the first place, as we usually have people to play with that match our skill level.

“Anyone who puts more effort into being good at the game than me, because I don’t know what elitism actually is.”

1 Like

I’d agree with that and why should they? Not being rude here, I’m literally asking why would you want to being in mythicc I’m sure you understand. Obviously if you want to make friends more power to ya but would you want to bring someone into a m+ lets say just a 10 since they’re petty easy. Would you rather have someone that can carry their own weight, doesn’t wipe the group for hours on end and contributes. Or would you rather have an lfr player that’s basically doing less damage than a non warrior tank or even the healer.

As far as the requirements to get into groups nowadays, it’s their group they can require a 415 ilvl and a 2k io for all I care, I can meet those standards because I’ve put in the effort/time and have the skill to do the same content.

If I didn’t meet those requirements, I wouldn’t come on here and whine about it i’d find another group or make my own.

Right I never claimed you did anything, your the one said they would prove you earned everything, Nor did I ever assume what you were thinking.

So, don’t play with them.

People that play at a level where they need other players to be at that level (high end raiding, M+, PvP) generally understand that not all players will be or care to be as practiced with the game. There is nothing wrong with playing the game well enough that you need to have a niche of players with skills at the same level to enjoy the game.

To be honest, there are a lot of players that are actively playing WoW that aren’t actually very good at it. Most of them will never do high end content, some of the care and some don’t. The players that are doing the high end content shouldn’t have to deal with players that don’t care to play WoW well, so they make their own groups and do their own contnet.

There are quite literally players that actually aren’t good enough to do the content that high end players do. So the players that are doing the high end content are perfectly ok to discriminate who they play with.

That’s not what you said a week ago. Back up what you claimed.

I think the problem is not at high end content but in the middle of the road to lower end content.

There’s nothing wrong with being picky when it comes to mythic raiding and the highest of the M+ keys. But if someone is on the lower end trying to break into the lower end things like lower key M+ and normal/heroic raiding, and is having trouble because people are being toolbags to them, then it is a problem.

Case in point, my guildless friendless Alliance rogue on an another server who is having trouble due to lack of connections and not having the best gear. He does his quests through heroics and LFR because few people are inviting him to M0s and normal raiding. He actually happens to be on your faction and on your server specifically.

That was a question not a accusation.

Then what is a true elitist? I pug with high mythic keys all the time. How I’m defining these elitist I’m referring to the snobby a holes who think because they are 418 ilvl just acting really toxic. But I guess everyone has their own definition of elite.

1 Like

I’d say make friends, start with lower end keys and work your way up or better yet start your own groups. I’ve seen many people that suck at the game start their own group and get carried through content.

1 Like