Delete thread

good thing i already have a guild :slight_smile:

Get the PVP weapon, and when the rating is required in S3 just play good.

Not all, alot. Also Dragonmaw proc is at best a 5% overall dps increase, alot of that value can be made up with using an axe + the stats on both weapons.

Harder to gear correct, under-performing? WF rng is what makes or breaks every shaman parse, to the point where a shaman pressing no buttons can out perform one that does.Asto being a loot goblin? Nobody in a meta raid wants the axes off Prince malch and only some hunters want double netherbane off alar. Factor in guilds are going to be steamrolling raids ASAP and only RNG will be the deciding factor in whether or not you get enough to gear out the people who need it. At the end of the day a guild is not going to miss not getting 4 abyss crystals over the course of the expac.

Good or bad doesn’t come into the equation, it’s about whether or not they have the time to put into the game. I can understand the OP’s point about not having the time and while it personally befuddles me it’s their choice. At the end of the day the OP is the one that misses out if their raid doesn’t want to take them over a shaman who does put in the effort.

It’s not someone I’d want in my raid either but my expectations can be considered unreasonable by some.

Takes 2-3 weeks for someone who doesn’t give a damn per weapon. You’re almost guranteed to get alot of those nethers in that time. Also S3 weapon isn’t enough on the sims to beat out double dragonstrike and if it did clearing enough BT and MH trash will fill the gaps if you don’t go blacksmithing.

So beta is out, and I know people can’t get to 70, but has there been testing done on enh shaman? Do we know how the dual wield WF proc is functioning?

“you didn’t tell me what I wanted to hear, so your post is not productive”

Big yikes, m8.

THE BIS weapons aren’t so far a head of other best weapons in the game.

You’re much better off being engineer/leatherworking(becuase blizzard won’t actualy fix the drum situation).

Do you need rep for the pattern?

IIRC you get an option to pick Sword, Mace or Axe spec; choosing a path unlocks the respective weapon. I think the weapons unlock in order (Drakefist -> Dragonmaw -> Dragonstrike).

I think you can also craft two of them.

According to a blue post:

So, this probably counts for enhancement shaman as well.

Current Beta indicates that the 36% WF proc chance on double WF is in the game, so WF/FT isn’t going to out-perform WF/WF unless you’re fighting relatively high armor targets or have relatively low damage weapons.

The haste ‘breakpoint’ issue does not appear in the sims, only in some very rough approximations. Given how much a Shaman’s haste value fluctuates over the course of a fight and the likelihood that it isn’t even an issue, my suspicion is that haste ‘breakpoints’ have no meaningful impact on weapon selection.

Even before Beta, we were relatively confident that sub-Elemental builds were inferior to sub-Resto builds for single target dps. Elemental Devastation is a terrible talent, Shocks constitute only a fraction of your dps and the talents boosting them simply don’t improve them enough. While some people speculated about synchronizing Shocks/Stormstrike, the slight delays incurred don’t have a major impact on overall dps.

The Axe vs. Hammer for Orc debate still rages, but I think the balance is tilting towards Axe.

I don’t think there’s any question that BS is recommended for Enhancement Shaman. It’s just how to use it best.

4 Likes

Agreed with the exception that sub-resto will necessarily win out. Looking like sub-ele might be better (might) and the rotation quality of life is slightly higher (due to how shocks line up). One big issue is that hit on gear is nigh-impossible to avoid, which slightly devalues the resto hit talent.

Nice to see the 36% WF confirmed in beta. Saw they also confirmed that the BS weapons are not unique-equipped (which we knew, but nice to confirm Blizzard didn’t bork that with the frankenpatch).

Youre going to hate that you dont have them because they are BIS and you clearly think like that type of player.

I actually agree here, Having better cleave via fire totems is really handy to have especially when some trash is harder than a few bosses.

For pure ST dps ele dev should beat out a resto talent build on really short fights.

For pure ST dps ele dev should beat out a resto talent build on really short fights.

Elemental Devastation on an otherwise conventional Enhancement Shaman is worth about half the value of Thundering Strikes due to low spell critical and only being able to use two Shocks per 10 sec window.

About the only time Elemental Devastation becomes (somewhat) worthwhile is on a pure Spellhancement build where you’re going all the way to Elemental Fury and using primarily spellpower/spell critical gearing combined with high speed melee-focused weapons (normally daggers). Completely analyzing this choice is well beyond what I could present here, but in general it will provide less single target damage.

The value in such an approach is that (a) you do significantly better AE damage and (b) your heals are significantly larger.

1 Like

does searing totem get substantial buffs in TBC?
Cause currently both the other fire totems outpace it in DPS but not DPCT.

yes it is worth it if you want to be gud

1 Like

the “fire totem twist” will make you hated by melees since you’re padding your personal dps and not twisting WF/agi as consistently as you should
edit thought he means flame tongue
saw some euro dude on p.server calling it the fire totem twist lol (flametongue->nova and magma etc. and just leaves agi on floor 24/7)

You can do both especially in short fights. Unless TBC fixes searing totem scaling like dog poop or the fights magically add huge amounts of TTK twising magma and nova totem will produce more dps than twisting GoA.

Also twisting air totems isn’t always the best way to spend mana, theres very little point to doing it on fights like firemaw etc.

No matter what weapon you use, enhancement shaman will be in the bottom 1/3rd of dps specs.

So why do something you dont want to when it isnt going to even get you in the middle of the pack?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.