Is disc viable for mythic now? Did disc lose it's niche and identity for raids?

In shadowlands our core rotation for raids resolved around 3 big damage spells to top the raid in about 5 seconds, up to 10 with boon of course, but it’s initial hit usually could top the raid. Now I feel that we have 10 buttons to press and doesn’t feel like we can top the raid quick enough as before. Is it correct? I played holy for the majority of heroic and I am beggining mythic only now and wanted to go disc, but still in doubt.
Thanks for reading.

Disc has been fine for this whole expac. It’s not been the top of the healers, but it can competently do its job with proper ramps and damage cycles. Even before the buffs i was rolling disc in my guild, and I did fine up thru first few bosses of mythic vault before i stepped down because of a variety of reasons. With the changes that hit on the 10.0.5 patch disc is in a really strong spot.

People can only really see raw HPS in terms of performance, but if your other healers are sniping heals there’s not much you can do as a disc priest, other healers are stronger at burst healing people up, but disc has intense steady pressure healing in ramp windows, and comes with dome to cut out a TON of damage on a lot of mechanics. If you want to go disc, do it, it will perform fine if you play well.