Disclaimer: I fully aware I am still leveling my DH, I am not a super pro, just wanted to talk about the class a bit.
I played a lot of Survival Hunter back in Vanilla, still my fav class/spec combo. I have tried several different iterations of Hunter since then and none has felt like the kiting vibe of that original class.
I was completely surprised, but leveling my DH and playing with the skills on one mob, several mobs, it felt more like my old school Survival Hunter than anything ever has and I am loving it. Here’s how the Hunter went:
- Keep slowed with Concussion Shot constantly.
- When enemy closes, hit with Raptor/Mongoose (big crits on clothies), slow again with Wing Clip, get back to distance.
- When enemy closes again, hit with Raptor/Mongoose, Scatter --> Feign Death --> Freeze Trap --> Aimed Shot.
- Deterrence for big trouble.
Now the DH:
- Slow with Glaive Toss.
- Fel Rush, Demon Bite, Blade Dance.
- Fel Rush away, Glaive toss to slow.
- I get slowed, Emo Leap (VR) into Glaive Toss.
- Fel Rush into Blade Dance again.
- Get caught, get adds? Burn 'em down with Eye Beam, then Chaos Strike madness.
- Blur for big trouble.
Of course that’s not the limits of the tool kit by any means, but I am really surprised with how similar the two specs feel which I was not expecting. I picked DH as a fun alt with a low floor rotation that I can dink around on when I need a break from my UHDK main, but it turns out it might actually be the class I have been looking for all along.
Also, my 5 year old swears my male Blood Elf DH is a girl. But that’s another thread.
I welcome the thoughts of experienced Demon Hunters.
BTW, what have YOU sacrificed?