Is Deth'tilac Phased?

So, I found out about Deth’tilac a few days back. I put off going and taming them for a little bit just cause I don’t have Molten Front unlocked and have no desire to go back and do that old content. But it’s one of the better looking pets to match with a Nightborne hunter that’s not one of the mana cats, or the hidden pet hippogryph out in Aszuna.

Anyways!- want for purple spider overrode not wanting to listen to Malfurion for a few hours and I got the Molten Front unlocked. Lo and behold…! No spider.

Now I know it’s a rare. But I’ve tried 3 different realms, both warmode on and off and no sign of them anywhere for a day or two now. So I’m curious if I just have reallyyy bad luck finding them? Or do I need to be further into the Molten Front campaign?

I seriously just played long enough to unlock the portal and have them set up camp. Next big quest is at 150 Mark of the World Tree. Do I need to do that (or more) to see the rare? or again just… really bad luck catching the spawn.

According to the comments on wowhead he has a spawn timer of like 6-12 hours. I unlocked the molten front during Legion (or maybe bfa?) to get specific xmogs and I don’t remember any phasing issues or restrictions on where you went on the map.

Read this entire thread over on Petopia. Sounds like it has to do with not just the spawn timer, but how many players are (or are not) in the zone. If you go to the zone, are the first one there, and figure you’ll log out and come back in 6 hours, the timer resets. Somone has to stay in the zone for the full time.

https://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25839

Oooof that’s rough, alright guess I’ll sit there logged in and play some mobile games or something

Thank you!!

Be sure you have all your tricks handy. He is no slouch and one shots you very easily.
Good CC and a few Pet sacrifices and you are on your way.
I got him back during Cata when He first come out. But I had a Tank and a Healer to help Me.
Good Luck